Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Website Ads For Players/Public Troyout Announcemen
- Players can view ads of ENYTB travel teams
- Non-ENYTB players can view PLAYER WANTED ads posted by ENYTB travel teams and/or make their availability known to ENYTB teams.
The Premier Travel League In Eastern Upstate NY
- Customized scheduling - you tell us how often you want to play, what day types or dates you want to play, and times, other preferences e.g., DH or SG, and when your home field is available and we will give you a competitively balanced schedule that matches all your scheduling criteria....
- All play at 9U/10U is on 65'/46' diamonds and all play at 11U/12U is on 70'/50' diamonds. All play is under real baseball rules re: leading, stealing and holding runners on (same as DreamsPark)....
- ENYTB's hassle-free online roster management system (ORMS) is paperless and virtually effortless - no matter how many different sanctionings you sign-up for, player data is entered once, when the player first enters the league, and ORMS does the rest.
ORMS Smart Roster
- Enforces ENYTB's player eligibility criteria e.g., league restrictions on age, roster size and player procurement...
- Enforces the player eligibility criteria of each sanctioning body e.g., different roster limits and cut-off dates for adding players....
- Provides teams the capability to manager their sanctioned rosters throughout the season i.e., moving players on/off sanctioned rosters as necessary to meet roster limits...
- Prints regular season and tournament rosters on official forms of each sanctioning body, completely filled in....
- Provides online drafting capability for sanctioned tournament play according to the eligibility rules and limits of each sanctioning body.
- Preserves all roster data for returning teams - begin each new season with roster from end of prior season.
- Proof of age required only once - when player first joins league - ending the need to provide copies of player birth certs every year!
- Other Online goodies:
- Your Own Private Virtual Team Office - every club and team gets their own fully secure, personalized ENYTB website area (enytb.com);
- Create/run your own online advertisements for new players and for tryouts;
- Search ENYTB's proprietary player database for free agents by age, residence and positions played;
- Create online line-up cards (includes your team logo and all game information (date, times, field, opponent's roster including player's age and jersey number);
- Create a game report that is automatically emailed to your local newspapers complete with a box score and scoring summary (automatically attaches your club/team logo);
- Communicate with your players, your opponents and/or the league via various online communication tools, including messages to your team that pop-up on-screen when a team member logs-in, team email, league email and contact info for every team you are scheduled to play and directions to every field in the league....
- All information and communication capabilities are only one click away via RunMyLeague.com's world class league management website, subscribed to by ENYTB!
- Sanctioned by ECTB, AABC, NABF and PONY (CABA also available) at all ages...
- Pay for only what you want - ENYTB's ala carte registration menu lets teams choose.....
- ENYTB hosts a qualifying tournament (June Madness) at every age level...
- ENYTB hosts OPEN tournaments at every age level (Last Man Standing), beginning mid-July.
- ENYTB Website provides a tournament home page for every ENYTB hosted tournament - website includes all pre-tournament information e.g., detailed brochure, online registration, online brackets, schedule, and results etc.
- League admin staff available full-time to provide members with expert support for both the league program and the website.
- Website contains an incredible amount of reference material describing the league, the league program and the website as well as online HELP...
- A Member's Council arbitrates all official complaints e.g., inter-member disputes re: players; sportsmanship; discipline etc.
- Fees range from $300/team to $425/team depending on age and skill level....
- Money back guarantee at season's end if ENYTB fails to deliver satisfactory results on every item stated herein. No one has asked for their money back yet!
- Sign-Up: Phone call to Ed Frye to activate (pre-register) your teams (get passwords) and then register your team online and send payment to ENYTB.
- Informational meetings offered late January through early March.
- Registration closes March 1st for ages 12U and under and April 1st for the middle and older ages.
ENYTB = Travel Baseball The Way You Want It: FLEXIBLE + COMPETITIVELY BALANCED + ECONOMICAL + ABUNDANT TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Greetings To All:
Thank you for your interest in ENYTB. 2014 marks our 19th consecutive year of operation. In those 19 years ENYTB has greatly increased the breadth and depth of its program, as well as its membership. Last year ENYTB registered a record 187 spring/summer travel teams and another 75 fall travel teams.
The ENYTB solution recognizes that travel baseball and house league baseball are two entirely different animals. For that reason, the structure and operations of ENYTB have evolved as the complete opposite of the typical "one-size-fits-all" house league model offered by Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken, Little League and even most travel leagues. ENYTB offers multiple levels of competition at every age level and competitively balanced schedules to every ENYTB team. Thus, every ENYTB travel team, regardless of age or ability level, has the opportunity to play at its own competition level. This also includes "cross-over" games with teams from adjacent competition levels mixed in to the extent desired.
The hallmark of ENYTB membership is:
(1) TEAM FORMATION/PLAYER ACQUISITION - first-time ENYTB players are free to play for the ENYTB team of their choice regardless of their place of residence.
NOTE: Once a player joins a team, he is locked into that team for the current season. ENYTB players are eligible to change ENYTB teams after they have completed their first season with their current team.
Once a player has been a part of the league player pool, he is referred to as a restricted free agent (RFA).
NOTE: If a player ceases playing in the league for two consecutive years, he becomes an unrestricted free agent (UFA) again.
RFA MOVEMENT - ENYTB grants each team a certain number of RFA credits each year. In addition, teams can qualify for additional RFA credits e.g., compensatory and/or bonus (based on number UFA team adds to its roster). Teams owned by franchise members are eligible for franchise player exemptions as well.
In general, any ENYTB player A can move from any ENYTB team A to any ENYTB team B provided ENYTB team B has sufficient RFA credits to execute the player transaction. Team B must have at least one unused overall RFA credit as well as one unused head-to-head (H2H) credit with team A.
NOTE: Teams are allowed 2 H2H RFA credits per year and 4 lifetime vis a vis every other ENYTB team.
NOTE: Player "releases" do not exist in ENYTB's RFA system. Players don't need anybody's permission to change teams. RFA credits are used instead. The RFA system sets limits on each team as to how many players it can take from any one ENYTB team and how many overall players it can take in any one year from the combined league player pool (RFAs).
The RFA system pertains only to a player's primary team. Players also are eligible to play on a secondary basis for a team in an age division other than the age division in which the player is already primary. Players can play on one secondary team in each age division that they are not primary in, provided they are age-eligible for that age division. Example: A 13U player could be primary at 13u and secondary at 14u, 15u, 16u etc.
In the event of a conflict between a player's primary team and his secondary team, the player is obligated to play for his primary team unless he receives permission to do otherwise from his primary team.
(2) CUSTOMIZATION - every aspect of the ENYTB regular season (scheduling) and post-season program (sanctioning) is designed to be fully flexible i.e., customizable to the kind of team you have and what you want for your team. No two teams have the exact same everything. Every team is scheduled to play only when it is available to play and its home games are scheduled only when its home field is available to play on;
(3) SCHEDULE RELIABILITY - once the season begins, it is play or forfeit, with limited opportunities for schedule changes up till 72 hours before the scheduled game; and,
(4) AFFILIATION w MULTIPLE SANCTIONING BODIES PROVIDES ABUNDANT POSTSEASON OPPORTUNITIES - ENYTB provides its members with centralized access to up to four sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series: AABC; NABF; ECTB; and, PONY i.e., one league with four post-seasons. More than 60 teams qualify for NCTS through ENYTB every year - that is approximately two teams for every three that register for sanctioned NCTS events. Other leagues only qualify 5 to 15 percent of their teams for post-season play. That is the major benefit of having a multi-sanctioned league.
(5) EXPERT TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE - In addition to the one-of-a-kind enytb.com website, ENYTB assigns a League Navigator to each club/team to assist with operation of the website as well as all aspects of league participation.
(6)AFFORDBILITY - All of the above is available for between $25 and $35/player, depending on team age and assuming a 12 player team. A 24 player team would pay half as much per player. This does not include post-season extras that are available on an optional basis.
ENYTB's GOLD Division Provides The Best Competition In The Area ENYTB's highly acclaimed GOLD Division has produced SEVEN national champions in the last decade! Perhaps no other league in America can make that claim!
- How Do League Participants Retrieve Their Own Password?
- How Do League Participants Change Their Password?
- I'm a manager/coach, why does the website say I have player level read only access?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- Club GMs - How to find passwords for your managers, coaches and contact persons?
- Club GMs - How to verify whether a person in your organization has a working log-in.
- Why is the website blocking my access to contact info for my oponents via my online schedule?
- Club GMs - How to add/change team level persons so that they have passwords?
- How Do Club Reps and/or Team Managers Add Their Coaches And Team Contact Persons To Their Team Directory?
- Club GMs - How to authorize other persons to have club level access?
REGISTRATION IS AS SIMPLE AS 1-2-3!
What's New This Year (in the League)?
- What is the Name of the League and What Services Does it Provide?
- How do I start a team in the league and what are the basics I need to know?
- Do I need to have a home field? What if I don't have one?
- Does the league schedule umpires? Who pays for the umpires, the league?
- Who Is Responsible For Supplying Baseballs For Games? Is It The League?
Approximate Cost Of Fielding A Travel Team
- How much does it generally cost to field a travel team?
- What are the costs for ENYTB membership alone?
- Can Teams Purchase Insurance Through ENYTB?
Annual Timeline - ENYTB Participation
Annual Informational Meetings
- What Is The League Policy Towards Attendance At Informational Meetings And Contacting The League Office For Assistance?
- What kind of meetings are these?
- How are the meetings organized?
- Are The Winter Meetings Open To Non-members?
- When Are The Winter Informational Meetings Held?
- How will we know exactly where and when these meetings will be held.
New Member Orientation
- Getting Started
- Reasons For ENYTB Membership
- Organizational Structure
- ENYTB Historical Timeline
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Program!
- Overview Of enytb.com
The Club GM
Team Registration Part I - Team Activation
- What is it?
- What is the difference between a club and a team?
- Who activates a club and its teams?
- When does club/team activation begin/end?
- Is there a connection between club/team activation and player protection?
- ***What Do I Need To Do To Activate My Club/Teams?
Team Registration Part II - Your Purchase
- Summary: Step-By-Step Team Registration Instructions
- How much do I owe?
- Column 1 - Where and what is my online team registration form?
- MANDATORY - Team Registration Form
- Make Checks Payable To ENYTB and Send Here.....
- Payment In Full Is Due NO LATER Than The Close Of Registration
Team Registration - Part III - Other
- What documents (hardcopy or electronic) must I provide the league before my team is eligible to play?
- Who do I send my paperwork to?
- Column 2 - Evidence Of Team Insurance
- Columns 3 & 4 - Providing/Verifying Scheduling Inputs
- Evidence Of Player's DOB
- Columns 8 & 9 - All League Participants Must Be Fully Identified On The Website, Including Managers, Coaches, Team Contact Persons and Players
- Column 10 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster before being allowed to participate in a league game.
- Column 11 - Over-Aged Players On ENYTB Regular Season Roster
- Column 9 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster BEFORE they appear in a game.
Loopholes On Age Eligibility
- Pitching Restrictions On Over-Aged Players
- Age Loopholes Allowed By The Various Sanctioning Bodies
- Sanctioned ENYTB Teams - Also Can Take Advantage of ENYTB's Age Eligibility Loophole For Regular Season Play But That Will Limit Them To Sanctioned Tournament Berth Awards From The June Madness Tournament Alone
Fines & Security Deposits
Paid Advertising - enytb.com
- Available To Businesses/Non-Profits - Full Page Ads On ENYTB Home Page (Pop-Up/Collapsible)
- Tournaments - Members/Non-members - Advertising Package W or W/o Full Tournament Management/Display Service
- Targeted Email Blasts To The Baseball Community Over A Wide Area
Free Ads on enytb.com (Members Only)
- Banner Ads
- Team Ads For Players and/or Public Tryouts
- Member Clubs - Post Your Own Tournament Ads For Free
- How Do I Get My Logo To Appear On My Ads, Game Reports and Lineup Cards etc.
- Game Board Ads - For Teams Seeking Pick-Up Games
Placing/Finding Team Ads For Pick-Up Games
- What To Do If Your Opponent Can't Play But You Still Want To Play Or If You Just Want More Games
- Once the schedule is set, how do I use the website to find opponents for additional games, including on dates my opponent canceled and make-up dates?
League Playing Rules
Composite Metal Bat Restrictions
Sanctioned Post-Season Play - What is it?
- Sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series (NCTS)
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Tournament Registartion Options
- Sanctioned Tournament Availability Via ENYTB
- What are the benefits of being in a League that affiliates with multiple sanctioning bodies?
- What is the ala carte cost of registering for sanctioned tournament eligibility?
- How does a team qualify for a playoff berth in a particular sanctioning e.g., AABC, NABF, ECTB or PONY?
- Can Teams Win Berths To More Than One Sanctioned NCTS?
- When a team qualifies for NCTS berths under two or more sanctionings - how is the selection order determined?
- What Is The distribution Of Team Registrations By Sanctioning Type?
- What Sanctioned NCTS Is Best?
Last Man Standing Tournaments - What Are They?
Online Roster Management System (ORMS)
- What is ORMS?
- Everything you need to know about ENYTB's ONLINE ROSTER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- Do you have a more detailed explanation of ORMS?
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ENYTB Regular Season Play
- Player Eligibility Criteria - NABF
- Player Eligibility Criteria - AABC
- Player Eligibility Criteria - PONY
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ECTB
Roster Management Protocols
- How To Determine a Player's Official Baseball Age
- Is there a deadline for adding new players to my ENYTB roster for the regular season?
- Can a player be on the ENYTB roster of more than one ENYTB team at the same time?
- Can players be transferred from one team to another in the same club?
- Do I need to establish separate REGULAR SEASON ROSTERS for each sanctioning body?
- Do I need to establish separate TOURNAMENT ROSTERS for each sanctioning body my team is registered with?
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Columns 12 thru 15 - How To Set-Up Your Sanctioned Rosters
How ENYTB Regulates Player Movement Between Teams
- Why Voluntary Release Systems Are Doomed To Fail
- Effective 2013 Season - ENYTB Adopts Team Player Caps To Regulate The Extent To Which Teams Can Take Players From Their Fellow Members
- OVERVIEW OF ENYTB CAP SYSTEM FOR REGULATING INTRA-LEAGUE PLAYER MOVEMENT
- ENYTB Player Classification
- TEAM CAPS (RFA CREDITS)
- RFA EXEMPTIONS
- Limited Members - Restricted Applicability Of RFA Credits
- Intra-Club Transfer Rules
FINDING UFAs Via enytb.com
- Unrestricted Free Agent Board - Actively Seeking A Team
- Search For Former ENYTB Players By Age, Residence and Position Played
- How To Get UFA Contact Info
Customized Scheduling - 101
- CUSTOMIZED SCHEDULING
- Why Does ENYTB Separate Team Availability (TA) From Home Field Availability (HFA)?
- Scheduling Inputs - General Description
- TEAM AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- HOME FIELD AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- Scheduling Inputs: Strength-Of-Schedule (SoS) Preferences
- How To Confirm (E-VERIFY) The ACCURACY Of Your Team Availability Calendar
- How To CONFIRM/E-VERIFY Field Availability
- When does the ENYTB spring/summer season start? end?
- What is the minimum number of league games required to be eligible for sanctioned and/or members only tournament play?
- How many games can the league guarantee a team?
- When can teams expect to get their schedule?
- Where can I find my team schedule?
- How do I use Self-Scheduler? [VIDEO]
How To Transact a SCHEDULE CHANGE
- ENYTB's Reschedule Functions - What Are They and What Do They Allow Me To Do?
- Change Innings/Number of Games As Well As Time Curfews and Mercy Rules in 9 INN Games
- Change Of Schedule Transaction - General Framework
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Administrative Cancellation (AC)
- UNPLAYED LOCAL GAMES --> What you must do TO AVOID FORFEIT FINES.
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Non-Weather Postponement (NWP)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - No Harm/No Foul/Cancellation (NH/NF/C)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Cancellation Due To Forfeit - Rules & Fines
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - PASSED GAMES - RULES & FINES
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - HOME TEAM ONLY
- My Opponent Canceled Late (Inside Of 3 Days) or Did Not Show Up To Play Me As Scheduled - How do I collect reimbursement for my unavoidable game costs?
PROTOCOLS FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES
- Basic 5-STEP Protocol For All Discretionary Schedule Changes
- Read Me First!
- Am I Required By League Rule To Keep My Online Schedule Updated Throughout The Season?
- Why Is There No Print Function For My Schedule?
- Grace Period For Reschedules
- Quickie Overview Of What To Do Depending On The Situation
- More Specifics On The General Process Of Changing The Status Of A Game
- Can I Add Games To My Online Schedule?
- PASSED Games - What are they?
- Are Home Teams Allowed To Change The Starting Time By Two Hours Or Less w/o Permission From Their Opponent?
- Weather-Related Postponements - Incl Threat Of Bad Weather As Opposed To Actual Bad Weather
- Weather Postponements, Make-Up Games and IMPASSEs
- Discretionary Postponements i.e., games postponed not because of bad weather but because one team is unable to play as scheduled.
- No Harm/No Foul Cancellations and Forfeits
- One game of a doubleheader was completed but not the other, how do I record this on my schedule?
Schedule Management Protocols
- Schedule Management 101 - Rules For Schedule Changes & Updates
- Summary Of Penalties/Fines For Non-Playing Forfeits and Passed Games
- Quick Guide re: Weather Postponements (Subject To League Verification)
- Quick Guide re: Rescheduling Weather Posponed Games (Agreement Required)
- Quick Guide re: Declaring An Impasse (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change - Must Include Make-Up)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Non-Weather Postponement Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting a No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A No Harm/No Foul Cancelation Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Changing Fields (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: PASSED Games
- Quick Guide re: Suspend Game
- Quick Guide re: Continue Suspended Game
- Quick Guide re: Change Start Time
- Quick Guide re: Change Innings/Number of Games
- Quick Guide re: I Am Forfeiting
- Quick Guide re: My Opponent Has Forfeited
- What are STANDINGS used for?
- New STANDINGS Methodology - Adopted Beginning 2009 Season & Refined For 2010
- What is SoS and How Is It Calculated?
- How are STANDINGS computed?
- If I Use "ADD GAME" To Add A Game To My Online Schedule Does It Count In The STANDINGS?
- How are ties factored into a team's win/loss percentage?
- Which games count in the STANDINGS i.e., for tournament qualification?
- Is there a limit to how many games count between the same two teams?
- enytb.co Automatically tracks TQG When Non-Flex STANDINGS Used
- ENYTB STANDINGS Tie-Breaker Rules
- How Do Berths Get Awarded?
After You Have Won A Berth To A Sanctioned NCTS
- Required Credentials For PONY Tournament Play
- Required Credentials for AABC Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For NABF Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For ECTB Tournament Play
- Tournament & Lodging Information
- Tournament Patches
- Do Coaches Need To Be In Full Uniform For Sanctioned Tournament Play?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence of DOB For My Players?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence Of Team Insurance?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence My Players Played In A Certain Number Of Games?
- Do I Need To Have My Tournament Roster Certified By An Official ENYTB Representative?
- PONY Teams Only - Record Of Innings Pitched & Medical Release
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Read This Before Drafting Any Player
- NYTB Policy re: Drafting Players From Other ENYTB Teams For Sanctioned Tournaments
- Drafting Rules For Each Sanctioning Body
- When/How Does ENYTB Conduct The Draft?
- Sanctioned Tournament Playing Rules
- Why does the league require that all league participants be identified in the system?
- How do I enter my contact info?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- How do I find my opponent's contact info?
- Why can't I obtain contact info for my opponents from my schedule?
- How do I obtain field directions for my AWAY games?
How Do I Change My Email Preferences
How Do I Enter My Scores
- Who Enters The Score - Home or Away Team, Winning or Losing Team?
- How To Enter A Score For Any Game Officially Completed As Scheduled
- How To Enter A Score When Game Is Suspended
- How Do I "Split" A Doubleheader Into Two Single Games?
- How to change a wrong score?
Lineup Cards - Mandatory (available Online)
- Are lineup cards required for every ENYTB game?
- What information must be included on a lineup card?
- Does enytb.com automatically create lineup cards?
- How to find the age of your opponent's players.