Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Website Ads For Players/Public Troyout Announcemen
- Players can view ads of ENYTB travel teams
- Non-ENYTB players can view PLAYER WANTED ads posted by ENYTB travel teams and/or make their availability known to ENYTB teams.
The Premier Travel League In Eastern Upstate NY
- ENYTB = Travel Baseball The Way You Want It: FLEXIBLE + COMPETITIVELY BALANCED + ECONOMICAL + ABUNDANT TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- How Do League Participants Retrieve Their Own Password?
- How Do League Participants Change Their Password?
- I'm a manager/coach, why does the website say I have player level read only access?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- Club GMs - How to find passwords for your managers, coaches and contact persons?
- Club GMs - How to verify whether a person in your organization has a working log-in.
- Why is the website blocking my access to contact info for my oponents via my online schedule?
- Club GMs - How to add/change team level persons so that they have passwords?
- How Do Club Reps and/or Team Managers Add Their Coaches And Team Contact Persons To Their Team Directory?
- Club GMs - How to authorize other persons to have club level access?
REGISTRATION IS AS SIMPLE AS 1-2-3!
What's New This Year (in the League)?
- What is the Name of the League and What Services Does it Provide?
- How do I start a team in the league and what are the basics I need to know?
- Do I need to have a home field? What if I don't have one?
- Does the league schedule umpires? Who pays for the umpires, the league?
- Who Is Responsible For Supplying Baseballs For Games? Is It The League?
Approximate Cost Of Fielding A Travel Team
- How much does it generally cost to field a travel team?
- What are the costs for ENYTB membership alone?
- Can Teams Purchase Insurance Through ENYTB?
Annual Timeline - ENYTB Participation
Annual Informational Meetings
- What Is The League Policy Towards Attendance At Informational Meetings And Contacting The League Office For Assistance?
- What kind of meetings are these?
- How are the meetings organized?
- Are The Winter Meetings Open To Non-members?
- When Are The Winter Informational Meetings Held?
- How will we know exactly where and when these meetings will be held.
New Member Orientation
- Getting Started
- Reasons For ENYTB Membership
- Organizational Structure
- ENYTB Historical Timeline
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Program!
- Overview Of enytb.com
The Club GM
Team Registration Part I - Team Activation
- What is it?
- What is the difference between a club and a team?
- Who activates a club and its teams?
- When does club/team activation begin/end?
- Is there a connection between club/team activation and player protection?
- NEW MEMBERS - Must identify and provide full contact info for the club Owner Of Record, the club GM, and the name, age, power level, and manager (full contact info including mailing address, email address, and phone numbers) for each team. First-time members will probably want to call the League Director: Ed Frye (518-356-9089) to discuss their situation and the league before they make the decision to join; and,
- EXISTING MEMBERS - ALL club/team data from prior year are preserved in the system. Club GM needs only identify which teams are being continued in the new season and update/edit all known changes for his re-activated teams, if any (does not include roster changes). If the club is intending to register new teams, this information can be provided at the same time.
- Identify your club's owner of record (full contact info, incl email address). This can be a person or organization;
- Identify who is to serve as your club's “representative to the league aka GM” (the person who will be responsible to league for all matters related to your club, team(s) and the league);
- Identify the name of your club;
- Identify the name of your team(s), as well as its age and competition level (hi, med, low);
- Identify who will serve as the team manager (full contact info, incl email address);
- Identify who will serve as primary contact person for the team (full contact info, incl email address);
- Identify who will serve as the team's secondary contact person (full contact info, incl email address);
- Identify the name(s) of your home field(s), as well as their address, including zip code, and directions to your ballpark from north, south, east and west.
- Whether you are a new or returning member. The process is a bit more time consuming for new members because all information must be entered for the first time rather than just updated;
- The number of teams your club intends to register. The more teams, the longer it will take; and,
- Whether you have all required information immediately available.
***What Do I Need To Do To Activate My Club/Teams?
To regain access to the website each club GM must contact Ed Frye by phone (518-356-9089) and confirm/update the information on all returning teams (new age, classification, managers/coaches etc.). Also, any new teams can be entered at this time or any time thereafter. As soon as a club and its teams have been activated, all its old passwords will be turned back on, thereby restoring full access to the ENYTB website for their entire organization for another year.
For a more detailed discussion of website access privileges CLICK HERE
Clubs and Teams can NOT activate themselves on the website. This can be done only by calling the League Director: Ed Frye @518-356-9089.
Activation (or pre-registration) is the first step in the larger process of registration. Roster data and scheduling inputs are not needed until later in the registration process.
When a new member activates a team, all registered persons linked to that team shall receive an email welcoming them to the league and giving them their personal password. They also will be added to the league email list.
NOTE: Passwords are randomly generated but can be easily changed by any member at:
→ MY TEAM → Personal Profile → My Contact Info.
NOTE: Email preferences can be customized at:
→ MY TEAM → Personal Profile → My Email Preferences
In addition, once activated, the team name instantly appears on the ENYTB Team Activation Board, located at: → HOME.
CLUB/TEAM ACTIVATION PROCEDURE:
STEP 1 - Have all information identified in steps 3-6 below ready at hand.
RETURNING CLUBS/TEAMS: The website preserves all club/team information from the prior year. This means the same information never has to be entered twice to the website. Once a person is identified in the system, his ID record can be linked to any club or team in any capacity. This is true for rosters/players as well. This means you can re-arrange your mangers and coaches by simply unlinking and linking them. An intra-league transfer function on each team roster allows clubs to transfer players between and among their own teams.
If all information for a club and its teams stayed the same from one year to the next, the club GM would not have to provide the league with any new info to re-activate each year, other than to indicate its intent to participate again (and proof of insurance for all its teams). In such cases, the club GM could need only to say, please activate my club, all my teams and all my home fields from last year as is and he would be done.
STEP 2 - Contact Ed Frye at 518-356-9089.
STEP 3 - The league is organized by clubs. Each member is a club and each club can have any number of teams.
Each club must have a name, an owner of record (individual or organization) and a designated club GM. This includes name, address, email, phone numbers for each etc.
No club/team in good standing with ENYTB is rejected from membership. However, the league has several different membership categories. Thus, you will be asked some quick questions to allow us to ascertain what membership classification you qualify for. This depends on such factors as whether an existing member already occupies the same area you will be drawing the majority of your players from, how many teams you plan to have, their ages, and plans for re-participation each year i.e., will the youngest aged team be replaced each year with a new team.
Once the club membership has been established, the website sends an email to the club GM with his club level password. With this password, the club GM has master access to info for all his teams on the website and can move from one team to another w/o having to log-in over and over under different passwords.
STEP 4 - At the same time as STEP 3 or at a later time, the club GM needs to identify all its teams by name, age, and power level. The club rep must also provide the league admin with the name and contact info for the team manager when he activates each team.
The system issues a private log-in for the manager and emails it to him. At that point, either the manager and/or the club rep has the capability to link (existing persons) or add new, the remaining coaches, team contacts and ultimately, players.
Each team must have both a primary contact and a secondary contact. The website is programmed to limit a team's access to premium content if it fails to link a person to each contact position.
Manager and coaching information is used by the league to register teams with its sanctioning bodies. This info can be entered via the club home page or team home page. As each individual is linked to his team (player or coach) he receives his own personal password that will give him access to his team's password protected content. (If a dad is a team coach, he will get two passwords, one for him and one for his player - the two passwords will have different access privileges.)
IMPORTANT: If this step is ignored the website is programmed to limit your team's access to premium content.
STEP 5 - The club GM shall provide the league with the name and address of the club's home field(s). The club GM shall enter field directions for each field at a later time.
STEP 6 - The club GM shall provide the league with name and email address of his local newspaper(s).
Summary of info required for club/team activation:
Once these steps have been completed, the new member is fully activated on the website and everyone in his organization has their own private password for website access. The same will be true for players once they are added to the team's roster.
REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT REQUIRED - Each new member must pay a security deposit of $225 to get their club activated. This money is refundable UNLESS the club fails to register any teams. If the new club registers one or more teams, this money will be used as a deposit against league fines. Any balance at the end of the season will be refunded to the club or carried forward to the next season as a credit, at the discretion of the club. All clubs are required to maintain a $225 security deposit at all times throughout the year to maintain their ENYTB roster protection privileges.
LENGTH OF ACTIVATION PHONE CALL - This depends on three things:
A new member with one team and all information readily available should expect to be on the phone for between 15 and 30 minutes. Add 10 minutes for each additional team. A returning member with one returning team and all information readily available can expect to be done in under 5 minutes. Add a minute or two for each additional returning team with minimal edits. Add 10 minutes for each additional new team.
Team Registration Part II - Your Purchase
- Summary: Step-By-Step Team Registration Instructions
- How much do I owe?
- Column 1 - Where and what is my online team registration form?
- MANDATORY - Team Registration Form
- Make Checks Payable To ENYTB and Send Here.....
- Payment In Full Is Due NO LATER Than The Close Of Registration
Team Registration - Part III - Other
- What documents (hardcopy or electronic) must I provide the league before my team is eligible to play?
- Who do I send my paperwork to?
- Column 2 - Evidence Of Team Insurance
- Columns 3 & 4 - Providing/Verifying Scheduling Inputs
- Evidence Of Player's DOB
- Columns 8 & 9 - All League Participants Must Be Fully Identified On The Website, Including Managers, Coaches, Team Contact Persons and Players
- Column 10 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster before being allowed to participate in a league game.
- Column 11 - Over-Aged Players On ENYTB Regular Season Roster
- Column 9 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster BEFORE they appear in a game.
Loopholes On Age Eligibility
- Pitching Restrictions On Over-Aged Players
- Age Loopholes Allowed By The Various Sanctioning Bodies
- Sanctioned ENYTB Teams - Also Can Take Advantage of ENYTB's Age Eligibility Loophole For Regular Season Play But That Will Limit Them To Sanctioned Tournament Berth Awards From The June Madness Tournament Alone
Fines & Security Deposits
Paid Advertising - enytb.com
- Available To Businesses/Non-Profits - Full Page Ads On ENYTB Home Page (Pop-Up/Collapsible)
- Tournaments - Members/Non-members - Advertising Package W or W/o Full Tournament Management/Display Service
- Targeted Email Blasts To The Baseball Community Over A Wide Area
Free Ads on enytb.com (Members Only)
- Banner Ads
- Team Ads For Players and/or Public Tryouts
- Member Clubs - Post Your Own Tournament Ads For Free
- How Do I Get My Logo To Appear On My Ads, Game Reports and Lineup Cards etc.
- Game Board Ads - For Teams Seeking Pick-Up Games
Placing/Finding Team Ads For Pick-Up Games
- What To Do If Your Opponent Can't Play But You Still Want To Play Or If You Just Want More Games
- Once the schedule is set, how do I use the website to find opponents for additional games, including on dates my opponent canceled and make-up dates?
League Playing Rules
Composite Metal Bat Restrictions
Sanctioned Post-Season Play - What is it?
- Sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series (NCTS)
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Tournament Registartion Options
- Sanctioned Tournament Availability Via ENYTB
- What are the benefits of being in a League that affiliates with multiple sanctioning bodies?
- What is the ala carte cost of registering for sanctioned tournament eligibility?
- How does a team qualify for a playoff berth in a particular sanctioning e.g., AABC, NABF, ECTB or PONY?
- Can Teams Win Berths To More Than One Sanctioned NCTS?
- When a team qualifies for NCTS berths under two or more sanctionings - how is the selection order determined?
- What Is The distribution Of Team Registrations By Sanctioning Type?
- What Sanctioned NCTS Is Best?
Last Man Standing Tournaments - What Are They?
Online Roster Management System (ORMS)
- What is ORMS?
- Everything you need to know about ENYTB's ONLINE ROSTER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- Do you have a more detailed explanation of ORMS?
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ENYTB Regular Season Play
- Player Eligibility Criteria - NABF
- Player Eligibility Criteria - AABC
- Player Eligibility Criteria - PONY
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ECTB
Roster Management Protocols
- How To Determine a Player's Official Baseball Age
- Is there a deadline for adding new players to my ENYTB roster for the regular season?
- Can a player be on the ENYTB roster of more than one ENYTB team at the same time?
- Can players be transferred from one team to another in the same club?
- Do I need to establish separate REGULAR SEASON ROSTERS for each sanctioning body?
- Do I need to establish separate TOURNAMENT ROSTERS for each sanctioning body my team is registered with?
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Columns 12 thru 15 - How To Set-Up Your Sanctioned Rosters
How ENYTB Regulates Player Movement Between Teams
- Why Voluntary Release Systems Are Doomed To Fail
- Effective 2013 Season - ENYTB Adopts Team Player Caps To Regulate The Extent To Which Teams Can Take Players From Their Fellow Members
- OVERVIEW OF ENYTB CAP SYSTEM FOR REGULATING INTRA-LEAGUE PLAYER MOVEMENT
- ENYTB Player Classification
- TEAM CAPS (RFA CREDITS)
- RFA EXEMPTIONS
- Limited Members - Restricted Applicability Of RFA Credits
- Intra-Club Transfer Rules
FINDING UFAs Via enytb.com
- Unrestricted Free Agent Board - Actively Seeking A Team
- Search For Former ENYTB Players By Age, Residence and Position Played
- How To Get UFA Contact Info
Customized Scheduling - 101
- CUSTOMIZED SCHEDULING
- Why Does ENYTB Separate Team Availability (TA) From Home Field Availability (HFA)?
- Scheduling Inputs - General Description
- TEAM AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- HOME FIELD AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- Scheduling Inputs: Strength-Of-Schedule (SoS) Preferences
- How To Confirm (E-VERIFY) The ACCURACY Of Your Team Availability Calendar
- How To CONFIRM/E-VERIFY Field Availability
- When does the ENYTB spring/summer season start? end?
- What is the minimum number of league games required to be eligible for sanctioned and/or members only tournament play?
- How many games can the league guarantee a team?
- When can teams expect to get their schedule?
- Where can I find my team schedule?
- How do I use Self-Scheduler? [VIDEO]
How To Transact a SCHEDULE CHANGE
- ENYTB's Reschedule Functions - What Are They and What Do They Allow Me To Do?
- Change Innings/Number of Games As Well As Time Curfews and Mercy Rules in 9 INN Games
- Change Of Schedule Transaction - General Framework
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Administrative Cancellation (AC)
- UNPLAYED LOCAL GAMES --> What you must do TO AVOID FORFEIT FINES.
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Non-Weather Postponement (NWP)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - No Harm/No Foul/Cancellation (NH/NF/C)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Cancellation Due To Forfeit - Rules & Fines
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - PASSED GAMES - RULES & FINES
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - HOME TEAM ONLY
- My Opponent Canceled Late (Inside Of 3 Days) or Did Not Show Up To Play Me As Scheduled - How do I collect reimbursement for my unavoidable game costs?
PROTOCOLS FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES
- Basic 5-STEP Protocol For All Discretionary Schedule Changes
- Read Me First!
- Am I Required By League Rule To Keep My Online Schedule Updated Throughout The Season?
- Why Is There No Print Function For My Schedule?
- Grace Period For Reschedules
- Quickie Overview Of What To Do Depending On The Situation
- More Specifics On The General Process Of Changing The Status Of A Game
- Can I Add Games To My Online Schedule?
- PASSED Games - What are they?
- Are Home Teams Allowed To Change The Starting Time By Two Hours Or Less w/o Permission From Their Opponent?
- Weather-Related Postponements - Incl Threat Of Bad Weather As Opposed To Actual Bad Weather
- Weather Postponements, Make-Up Games and IMPASSEs
- Discretionary Postponements i.e., games postponed not because of bad weather but because one team is unable to play as scheduled.
- No Harm/No Foul Cancellations and Forfeits
- One game of a doubleheader was completed but not the other, how do I record this on my schedule?
Schedule Management Protocols
- Schedule Management 101 - Rules For Schedule Changes & Updates
- Summary Of Penalties/Fines For Non-Playing Forfeits and Passed Games
- Quick Guide re: Weather Postponements (Subject To League Verification)
- Quick Guide re: Rescheduling Weather Posponed Games (Agreement Required)
- Quick Guide re: Declaring An Impasse (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change - Must Include Make-Up)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Non-Weather Postponement Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting a No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A No Harm/No Foul Cancelation Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Changing Fields (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: PASSED Games
- Quick Guide re: Suspend Game
- Quick Guide re: Continue Suspended Game
- Quick Guide re: Change Start Time
- Quick Guide re: Change Innings/Number of Games
- Quick Guide re: I Am Forfeiting
- Quick Guide re: My Opponent Has Forfeited
- What are STANDINGS used for?
- New STANDINGS Methodology - Adopted Beginning 2009 Season & Refined For 2010
- What is SoS and How Is It Calculated?
- How are STANDINGS computed?
- If I Use "ADD GAME" To Add A Game To My Online Schedule Does It Count In The STANDINGS?
- How are ties factored into a team's win/loss percentage?
- Which games count in the STANDINGS i.e., for tournament qualification?
- Is there a limit to how many games count between the same two teams?
- enytb.co Automatically tracks TQG When Non-Flex STANDINGS Used
- ENYTB STANDINGS Tie-Breaker Rules
- How Do Berths Get Awarded?
After You Have Won A Berth To A Sanctioned NCTS
- Required Credentials For PONY Tournament Play
- Required Credentials for AABC Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For NABF Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For ECTB Tournament Play
- Tournament & Lodging Information
- Tournament Patches
- Do Coaches Need To Be In Full Uniform For Sanctioned Tournament Play?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence of DOB For My Players?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence Of Team Insurance?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence My Players Played In A Certain Number Of Games?
- Do I Need To Have My Tournament Roster Certified By An Official ENYTB Representative?
- PONY Teams Only - Record Of Innings Pitched & Medical Release
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Read This Before Drafting Any Player
- NYTB Policy re: Drafting Players From Other ENYTB Teams For Sanctioned Tournaments
- Drafting Rules For Each Sanctioning Body
- When/How Does ENYTB Conduct The Draft?
- Sanctioned Tournament Playing Rules
- Why does the league require that all league participants be identified in the system?
- How do I enter my contact info?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- How do I find my opponent's contact info?
- Why can't I obtain contact info for my opponents from my schedule?
- How do I obtain field directions for my AWAY games?
How Do I Change My Email Preferences
How Do I Enter My Scores
- Who Enters The Score - Home or Away Team, Winning or Losing Team?
- How To Enter A Score For Any Game Officially Completed As Scheduled
- How To Enter A Score When Game Is Suspended
- How Do I "Split" A Doubleheader Into Two Single Games?
- How to change a wrong score?
Lineup Cards - Mandatory (available Online)
- Are lineup cards required for every ENYTB game?
- What information must be included on a lineup card?
- Does enytb.com automatically create lineup cards?
- How to find the age of your opponent's players.