Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Website Ads For Players/Public Troyout Announcemen
- Players can view ads of ENYTB travel teams
- Non-ENYTB players can view PLAYER WANTED ads posted by ENYTB travel teams and/or make their availability known to ENYTB teams.
The Premier Travel League In Eastern Upstate NY
- ENYTB = Travel Baseball The Way You Want It: FLEXIBLE + COMPETITIVELY BALANCED + ECONOMICAL + ABUNDANT TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- How Do League Participants Retrieve Their Own Password?
- How Do League Participants Change Their Password?
- I'm a manager/coach, why does the website say I have player level read only access?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- Club GMs - How to find passwords for your managers, coaches and contact persons?
- Club GMs - How to verify whether a person in your organization has a working log-in.
- Why is the website blocking my access to contact info for my oponents via my online schedule?
- Club GMs - How to add/change team level persons so that they have passwords?
- How Do Club Reps and/or Team Managers Add Their Coaches And Team Contact Persons To Their Team Directory?
- Club GMs - How to authorize other persons to have club level access?
REGISTRATION IS AS SIMPLE AS 1-2-3!
What's New This Year (in the League)?
- What is the Name of the League and What Services Does it Provide?
- How do I start a team in the league and what are the basics I need to know?
- Do I need to have a home field? What if I don't have one?
- Does the league schedule umpires? Who pays for the umpires, the league?
- Who Is Responsible For Supplying Baseballs For Games? Is It The League?
Approximate Cost Of Fielding A Travel Team
- How much does it generally cost to field a travel team?
- What are the costs for ENYTB membership alone?
- Can Teams Purchase Insurance Through ENYTB?
Annual Timeline - ENYTB Participation
Annual Informational Meetings
- What Is The League Policy Towards Attendance At Informational Meetings And Contacting The League Office For Assistance?
- What kind of meetings are these?
- How are the meetings organized?
- Are The Winter Meetings Open To Non-members?
- When Are The Winter Informational Meetings Held?
- How will we know exactly where and when these meetings will be held.
New Member Orientation
- Getting Started
- Reasons For ENYTB Membership
- Organizational Structure
- ENYTB Historical Timeline
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Program!
- Overview Of enytb.com
The Club GM
Team Registration Part I - Team Activation
- What is it?
- What is the difference between a club and a team?
- Who activates a club and its teams?
- When does club/team activation begin/end?
- Is there a connection between club/team activation and player protection?
- ***What Do I Need To Do To Activate My Club/Teams?
Team Registration Part II - Your Purchase
- Summary: Step-By-Step Team Registration Instructions
- How much do I owe?
- Column 1 - Where and what is my online team registration form?
- Make Checks Payable To ENYTB and Send Here.....
- Payment In Full Is Due NO LATER Than The Close Of Registration
MANDATORY - Team Registration Form
The website provides every "active" team with a customized team registration page. To sign-up for regular season play, post-season sanctioning and/or tournament eligibility, you must complete this form. Otherwise we would have no way of knowing what you want or whether you even looked at the form. Look at this form as a menu in a restaurant. It is MANDATORY that every team complete this form, save it and confirm it. This form is then used to create your team bill/invoice.
NOTE: "Inactive" teams can not do anything on the website because they have no access privileges i.e., they see only the free content that the public sees. To activate your club and teams, contact Ed Frye at 518-356-9089. Please read the FAQ on Team Activation prior to calling.
To find your team registration page you need to log-in and place your cursor on the MY TEAM menu (located near the top of the home page), and drill down as follows:
→ MY TEAM
→ Team Account
→ Post-Season Eligibility Options (Mandatory Confirm)
If you follow a very similar path:
→ MY TEAM
→ Team Account
→ Team Invoice
You will find an itemized invoice corresponding to your registration selections and a final team bill.
NOTE: Club owners and reps can view their consolidated account (invoice) for their teams by going to:
→ MY CLUB
→ Club Account
→ Consolidated Invoice
or by clicking here.
MORE re: THE TEAM REGISTRATION PAGE
Team options and fees vary across the league depending on the age and competition level of the team e.g., 13Gold vs 14High Silver etc.
The Team Options page is customized to each team according to its age and competition level. This means only the options and fees applicable to your team, based on its age and competition level, are shown. This pages provides a comprehensive listing of all program options, and associated fees, available to your team via ENYTB registration. To see what is included in a post-season "package", simply click on its check-box. If you wish to purchase the option, leave it checked. If not, click it again and it will uncheck.
REGULAR SEASON FEES
At the top of your team registration page you will find a section pertaining to the regular season only. Most teams will pay a single fee that will cover all league services for the entire regular season. (NOTE: Any mandatory fees will be permanently checked e.g., tournament hosting fee applicable to all G/HS teams in your age division.) Teams w/o home fields (at 13U and older) would be assessed an added fee here as well.
The rest of the team registration page provides teams with centralized access to various tournament packages.
As stated above, all post-season options are offered on an a la carte basis.
NOTE: Beginning 2016, at 13U and older, one post-season sanctioned tournament is designated as mandatory all Gold and High Silver teams.
The first group of tournament packages includes "eligibility" for competitive berths to sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series (NCTS). By eligibility we mean teams pay a share of the entry fee (25% or less) in order to compete with other ENYTB teams who have paid a similar amount to be eligible. Standings are used to determine which eligible teams are awarded competitive berths. Typically a strength-of-schedule adjusted standings, based on regular season play, is used to determine the teams that actually advance to the NCTS. Those that advance do not pay ENYTB any additional fees to participate in the NCTS tournaments and in some cases, the sanctioning bodies provide teams with some assistance with travel expenses.
Some of these competitive berths are also available on a direct buy-in (DBI) basis. This means the team pays the full cost of the berth and knows from day 1 that they are going to that tournament. This greatly helps in planning time off, fundraising, planning transportation and hotel arrangements, etc. More on DBI entry below.
Since most ENYTB teams are registered in two adjacent age divisions (at no extra charge), they have two lists of NCTS options to choose from, one for each age level. Normally a team would select tournament packages at its own age level but in some cases, tournaments in the next age level up could be more appealing based on location, date, availability of travel money etc. Also, as teams age up, one year of age is less of a competitive factor.
To view or select any NCTS package, simply click the box next to that package. The selected NCTS package will open, in the color associated with that sanctioning choice. The dates and sites of each tournament in the selected NCTS will show. Each NCTS package will have an associated fee. For teams desiring to maximize their chances for sanctioned tournament participation, packages are sometimes also grouped together and offered at a discount. The package fee will include both the sanctioning fee (where applicable) and tournament fee (if any) associated with that package.
To register for any package, you click the check-box next to it and leave it checked (the option stays open on the page). If, after looking at the details of a package, you don't wish to register for that package, you click the check-box again to turn it off. When you do this it will disappear from view.
DIRECT BUY-IN PACKAGES
Below the NCTS section is the "direct buy-in" section. To buy one of these options, simply click its check-box. A check-mark will appear. If you change your mind, click on the box again and the check-mark will go away.
When you buy a direct buy-in package you are paying the full entry fee for the event and thus, your entry to that event is guaranteed.
NOTE: Some direct buy-in packages require sanctioning, and some do not. ENYTB's Last Man Standing tournaments do not require sanctioning but the various NCTS events offered by the individual sanctioning bodies obviously do.
Lastly, some of these direct buy-in packages are open to ENYTB members only e.g., June Madness and Super 8, and some are not e.g., Last Man Standing and ENYTB hosted sanctioned tournaments. Non-ENYTB teams can sign up for the Last Man Standing via the ECTB website. Non-ENYTB teams can sign up for sanctioned tournaments via the sanctioning bodies.
After you have made your registration choices click SAVE at the bottom of the page. This will store your choices. Next you will be asked to confirm whether your registration choices are final or tentative.
(NOTE: To get a "Y" in column (1) your registration choices must confirmed as final.) After indicating final or tentative, an itemized invoice of your actual choices and total fee will appear. Check it over and verify it is correct. If it isn't, simply repeat the above steps.
Until registration closes, you can change your registration choices any way you like w/o penalty. Once registration closes, your choices are locked in. You can return to view your team invoice, or to print your receipt, at any time.
When a team makes payment, the payment is recorded at the bottom of the team invoice (or club invoice in the case of clubs that pay for all their teams with a single check). Once your team is fully paid its name will change colors on the Activation Board and appear in the color of money, green, click HERE to see. You can also print a receipt from your team or club invoice page using your browser's copy/paste functions or a snipping tool.
Team Registration - Part III - Other
- What documents (hardcopy or electronic) must I provide the league before my team is eligible to play?
- Who do I send my paperwork to?
- Column 2 - Evidence Of Team Insurance
- Columns 3 & 4 - Providing/Verifying Scheduling Inputs
- Evidence Of Player's DOB
- Columns 8 & 9 - All League Participants Must Be Fully Identified On The Website, Including Managers, Coaches, Team Contact Persons and Players
- Column 10 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster before being allowed to participate in a league game.
- Column 11 - Over-Aged Players On ENYTB Regular Season Roster
- Column 9 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster BEFORE they appear in a game.
Loopholes On Age Eligibility
- Pitching Restrictions On Over-Aged Players
- Age Loopholes Allowed By The Various Sanctioning Bodies
- Sanctioned ENYTB Teams - Also Can Take Advantage of ENYTB's Age Eligibility Loophole For Regular Season Play But That Will Limit Them To Sanctioned Tournament Berth Awards From The June Madness Tournament Alone
Fines & Security Deposits
Paid Advertising - enytb.com
- Available To Businesses/Non-Profits - Full Page Ads On ENYTB Home Page (Pop-Up/Collapsible)
- Tournaments - Members/Non-members - Advertising Package W or W/o Full Tournament Management/Display Service
- Targeted Email Blasts To The Baseball Community Over A Wide Area
Free Ads on enytb.com (Members Only)
- Banner Ads
- Team Ads For Players and/or Public Tryouts
- Member Clubs - Post Your Own Tournament Ads For Free
- How Do I Get My Logo To Appear On My Ads, Game Reports and Lineup Cards etc.
- Game Board Ads - For Teams Seeking Pick-Up Games
Placing/Finding Team Ads For Pick-Up Games
- What To Do If Your Opponent Can't Play But You Still Want To Play Or If You Just Want More Games
- Once the schedule is set, how do I use the website to find opponents for additional games, including on dates my opponent canceled and make-up dates?
League Playing Rules
Composite Metal Bat Restrictions
Sanctioned Post-Season Play - What is it?
- Sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series (NCTS)
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Tournament Registartion Options
- Sanctioned Tournament Availability Via ENYTB
- What are the benefits of being in a League that affiliates with multiple sanctioning bodies?
- What is the ala carte cost of registering for sanctioned tournament eligibility?
- How does a team qualify for a playoff berth in a particular sanctioning e.g., AABC, NABF, ECTB or PONY?
- Can Teams Win Berths To More Than One Sanctioned NCTS?
- When a team qualifies for NCTS berths under two or more sanctionings - how is the selection order determined?
- What Is The distribution Of Team Registrations By Sanctioning Type?
- What Sanctioned NCTS Is Best?
Last Man Standing Tournaments - What Are They?
Online Roster Management System (ORMS)
- What is ORMS?
- Everything you need to know about ENYTB's ONLINE ROSTER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- Do you have a more detailed explanation of ORMS?
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ENYTB Regular Season Play
- Player Eligibility Criteria - NABF
- Player Eligibility Criteria - AABC
- Player Eligibility Criteria - PONY
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ECTB
Roster Management Protocols
- How To Determine a Player's Official Baseball Age
- Is there a deadline for adding new players to my ENYTB roster for the regular season?
- Can a player be on the ENYTB roster of more than one ENYTB team at the same time?
- Can players be transferred from one team to another in the same club?
- Do I need to establish separate REGULAR SEASON ROSTERS for each sanctioning body?
- Do I need to establish separate TOURNAMENT ROSTERS for each sanctioning body my team is registered with?
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Columns 12 thru 15 - How To Set-Up Your Sanctioned Rosters
How ENYTB Regulates Player Movement Between Teams
- Why Voluntary Release Systems Are Doomed To Fail
- Effective 2013 Season - ENYTB Adopts Team Player Caps To Regulate The Extent To Which Teams Can Take Players From Their Fellow Members
- OVERVIEW OF ENYTB CAP SYSTEM FOR REGULATING INTRA-LEAGUE PLAYER MOVEMENT
- ENYTB Player Classification
- TEAM CAPS (RFA CREDITS)
- RFA EXEMPTIONS
- Limited Members - Restricted Applicability Of RFA Credits
- Intra-Club Transfer Rules
FINDING UFAs Via enytb.com
- Unrestricted Free Agent Board - Actively Seeking A Team
- Search For Former ENYTB Players By Age, Residence and Position Played
- How To Get UFA Contact Info
Customized Scheduling - 101
- CUSTOMIZED SCHEDULING
- Why Does ENYTB Separate Team Availability (TA) From Home Field Availability (HFA)?
- Scheduling Inputs - General Description
- TEAM AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- HOME FIELD AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- Scheduling Inputs: Strength-Of-Schedule (SoS) Preferences
- How To Confirm (E-VERIFY) The ACCURACY Of Your Team Availability Calendar
- How To CONFIRM/E-VERIFY Field Availability
- When does the ENYTB spring/summer season start? end?
- What is the minimum number of league games required to be eligible for sanctioned and/or members only tournament play?
- How many games can the league guarantee a team?
- When can teams expect to get their schedule?
- Where can I find my team schedule?
- How do I use Self-Scheduler? [VIDEO]
How To Transact a SCHEDULE CHANGE
- ENYTB's Reschedule Functions - What Are They and What Do They Allow Me To Do?
- Change Innings/Number of Games As Well As Time Curfews and Mercy Rules in 9 INN Games
- Change Of Schedule Transaction - General Framework
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Administrative Cancellation (AC)
- UNPLAYED LOCAL GAMES --> What you must do TO AVOID FORFEIT FINES.
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Non-Weather Postponement (NWP)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - No Harm/No Foul/Cancellation (NH/NF/C)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Cancellation Due To Forfeit - Rules & Fines
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - PASSED GAMES - RULES & FINES
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - HOME TEAM ONLY
- My Opponent Canceled Late (Inside Of 3 Days) or Did Not Show Up To Play Me As Scheduled - How do I collect reimbursement for my unavoidable game costs?
PROTOCOLS FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES
- Basic 5-STEP Protocol For All Discretionary Schedule Changes
- Read Me First!
- Am I Required By League Rule To Keep My Online Schedule Updated Throughout The Season?
- Why Is There No Print Function For My Schedule?
- Grace Period For Reschedules
- Quickie Overview Of What To Do Depending On The Situation
- More Specifics On The General Process Of Changing The Status Of A Game
- Can I Add Games To My Online Schedule?
- PASSED Games - What are they?
- Are Home Teams Allowed To Change The Starting Time By Two Hours Or Less w/o Permission From Their Opponent?
- Weather-Related Postponements - Incl Threat Of Bad Weather As Opposed To Actual Bad Weather
- Weather Postponements, Make-Up Games and IMPASSEs
- Discretionary Postponements i.e., games postponed not because of bad weather but because one team is unable to play as scheduled.
- No Harm/No Foul Cancellations and Forfeits
- One game of a doubleheader was completed but not the other, how do I record this on my schedule?
Schedule Management Protocols
- Schedule Management 101 - Rules For Schedule Changes & Updates
- Summary Of Penalties/Fines For Non-Playing Forfeits and Passed Games
- Quick Guide re: Weather Postponements (Subject To League Verification)
- Quick Guide re: Rescheduling Weather Posponed Games (Agreement Required)
- Quick Guide re: Declaring An Impasse (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change - Must Include Make-Up)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Non-Weather Postponement Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting a No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A No Harm/No Foul Cancelation Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Changing Fields (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: PASSED Games
- Quick Guide re: Suspend Game
- Quick Guide re: Continue Suspended Game
- Quick Guide re: Change Start Time
- Quick Guide re: Change Innings/Number of Games
- Quick Guide re: I Am Forfeiting
- Quick Guide re: My Opponent Has Forfeited
- What are STANDINGS used for?
- New STANDINGS Methodology - Adopted Beginning 2009 Season & Refined For 2010
- What is SoS and How Is It Calculated?
- How are STANDINGS computed?
- If I Use "ADD GAME" To Add A Game To My Online Schedule Does It Count In The STANDINGS?
- How are ties factored into a team's win/loss percentage?
- Which games count in the STANDINGS i.e., for tournament qualification?
- Is there a limit to how many games count between the same two teams?
- enytb.co Automatically tracks TQG When Non-Flex STANDINGS Used
- ENYTB STANDINGS Tie-Breaker Rules
- How Do Berths Get Awarded?
After You Have Won A Berth To A Sanctioned NCTS
- Required Credentials For PONY Tournament Play
- Required Credentials for AABC Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For NABF Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For ECTB Tournament Play
- Tournament & Lodging Information
- Tournament Patches
- Do Coaches Need To Be In Full Uniform For Sanctioned Tournament Play?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence of DOB For My Players?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence Of Team Insurance?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence My Players Played In A Certain Number Of Games?
- Do I Need To Have My Tournament Roster Certified By An Official ENYTB Representative?
- PONY Teams Only - Record Of Innings Pitched & Medical Release
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Read This Before Drafting Any Player
- NYTB Policy re: Drafting Players From Other ENYTB Teams For Sanctioned Tournaments
- Drafting Rules For Each Sanctioning Body
- When/How Does ENYTB Conduct The Draft?
- Sanctioned Tournament Playing Rules
- Why does the league require that all league participants be identified in the system?
- How do I enter my contact info?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- How do I find my opponent's contact info?
- Why can't I obtain contact info for my opponents from my schedule?
- How do I obtain field directions for my AWAY games?
How Do I Change My Email Preferences
How Do I Enter My Scores
- Who Enters The Score - Home or Away Team, Winning or Losing Team?
- How To Enter A Score For Any Game Officially Completed As Scheduled
- How To Enter A Score When Game Is Suspended
- How Do I "Split" A Doubleheader Into Two Single Games?
- How to change a wrong score?
Lineup Cards - Mandatory (available Online)
- Are lineup cards required for every ENYTB game?
- What information must be included on a lineup card?
- Does enytb.com automatically create lineup cards?
- How to find the age of your opponent's players.