Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Website Ads For Players/Public Troyout Announcemen
- Players can view ads of ENYTB travel teams
- Non-ENYTB players can view PLAYER WANTED ads posted by ENYTB travel teams and/or make their availability known to ENYTB teams.
The Premier Travel League In Eastern Upstate NY
- ENYTB = Travel Baseball The Way You Want It: FLEXIBLE + COMPETITIVELY BALANCED + ECONOMICAL + ABUNDANT TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- How Do League Participants Retrieve Their Own Password?
- How Do League Participants Change Their Password?
- I'm a manager/coach, why does the website say I have player level read only access?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- Club GMs - How to find passwords for your managers, coaches and contact persons?
- Club GMs - How to verify whether a person in your organization has a working log-in.
- Why is the website blocking my access to contact info for my oponents via my online schedule?
- Club GMs - How to add/change team level persons so that they have passwords?
- How Do Club Reps and/or Team Managers Add Their Coaches And Team Contact Persons To Their Team Directory?
- Club GMs - How to authorize other persons to have club level access?
REGISTRATION IS AS SIMPLE AS 1-2-3!
What's New This Year (in the League)?
- What is the Name of the League and What Services Does it Provide?
- How do I start a team in the league and what are the basics I need to know?
- Do I need to have a home field? What if I don't have one?
- Does the league schedule umpires? Who pays for the umpires, the league?
- Who Is Responsible For Supplying Baseballs For Games? Is It The League?
Approximate Cost Of Fielding A Travel Team
- How much does it generally cost to field a travel team?
- What are the costs for ENYTB membership alone?
- Can Teams Purchase Insurance Through ENYTB?
Annual Timeline - ENYTB Participation
Annual Informational Meetings
- What Is The League Policy Towards Attendance At Informational Meetings And Contacting The League Office For Assistance?
- What kind of meetings are these?
- How are the meetings organized?
- Are The Winter Meetings Open To Non-members?
- When Are The Winter Informational Meetings Held?
- How will we know exactly where and when these meetings will be held.
New Member Orientation
- Getting Started
- Reasons For ENYTB Membership
- Organizational Structure
- ENYTB Historical Timeline
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Program!
- Overview Of enytb.com
The Club GM
Team Registration Part I - Team Activation
- What is it?
- What is the difference between a club and a team?
- Who activates a club and its teams?
- When does club/team activation begin/end?
- Is there a connection between club/team activation and player protection?
- ***What Do I Need To Do To Activate My Club/Teams?
Team Registration Part II - Your Purchase
- Summary: Step-By-Step Team Registration Instructions
- How much do I owe?
- Column 1 - Where and what is my online team registration form?
- MANDATORY - Team Registration Form
- Make Checks Payable To ENYTB and Send Here.....
- Payment In Full Is Due NO LATER Than The Close Of Registration
Team Registration - Part III - Other
- What documents (hardcopy or electronic) must I provide the league before my team is eligible to play?
- Who do I send my paperwork to?
- Column 2 - Evidence Of Team Insurance
- Columns 3 & 4 - Providing/Verifying Scheduling Inputs
- Evidence Of Player's DOB
- Columns 8 & 9 - All League Participants Must Be Fully Identified On The Website, Including Managers, Coaches, Team Contact Persons and Players
- Column 10 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster before being allowed to participate in a league game.
- Column 11 - Over-Aged Players On ENYTB Regular Season Roster
- Column 9 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster BEFORE they appear in a game.
Loopholes On Age Eligibility
- Pitching Restrictions On Over-Aged Players
- Age Loopholes Allowed By The Various Sanctioning Bodies
- Sanctioned ENYTB Teams - Also Can Take Advantage of ENYTB's Age Eligibility Loophole For Regular Season Play But That Will Limit Them To Sanctioned Tournament Berth Awards From The June Madness Tournament Alone
Fines & Security Deposits
Paid Advertising - enytb.com
- Available To Businesses/Non-Profits - Full Page Ads On ENYTB Home Page (Pop-Up/Collapsible)
- Tournaments - Members/Non-members - Advertising Package W or W/o Full Tournament Management/Display Service
- Targeted Email Blasts To The Baseball Community Over A Wide Area
Free Ads on enytb.com (Members Only)
- Banner Ads
- Team Ads For Players and/or Public Tryouts
- Member Clubs - Post Your Own Tournament Ads For Free
- How Do I Get My Logo To Appear On My Ads, Game Reports and Lineup Cards etc.
- Game Board Ads - For Teams Seeking Pick-Up Games
Placing/Finding Team Ads For Pick-Up Games
- What To Do If Your Opponent Can't Play But You Still Want To Play Or If You Just Want More Games
- Once the schedule is set, how do I use the website to find opponents for additional games, including on dates my opponent canceled and make-up dates?
League Playing Rules
Composite Metal Bat Restrictions
Sanctioned Post-Season Play - What is it?
- Sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series (NCTS)
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Tournament Registartion Options
- Sanctioned Tournament Availability Via ENYTB
- What are the benefits of being in a League that affiliates with multiple sanctioning bodies?
- What is the ala carte cost of registering for sanctioned tournament eligibility?
- How does a team qualify for a playoff berth in a particular sanctioning e.g., AABC, NABF, ECTB or PONY?
- Can Teams Win Berths To More Than One Sanctioned NCTS?
- When a team qualifies for NCTS berths under two or more sanctionings - how is the selection order determined?
- What Is The distribution Of Team Registrations By Sanctioning Type?
- What Sanctioned NCTS Is Best?
Last Man Standing Tournaments - What Are They?
Online Roster Management System (ORMS)
- What is ORMS?
- Everything you need to know about ENYTB's ONLINE ROSTER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- Do you have a more detailed explanation of ORMS?
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ENYTB Regular Season Play
- Player Eligibility Criteria - NABF
- Player Eligibility Criteria - AABC
- Player Eligibility Criteria - PONY
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ECTB
Roster Management Protocols
- How To Determine a Player's Official Baseball Age
- Is there a deadline for adding new players to my ENYTB roster for the regular season?
- Can a player be on the ENYTB roster of more than one ENYTB team at the same time?
- Can players be transferred from one team to another in the same club?
- Do I need to establish separate REGULAR SEASON ROSTERS for each sanctioning body?
- Do I need to establish separate TOURNAMENT ROSTERS for each sanctioning body my team is registered with?
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Columns 12 thru 15 - How To Set-Up Your Sanctioned Rosters
How ENYTB Regulates Player Movement Between Teams
- Why Voluntary Release Systems Are Doomed To Fail
- Effective 2013 Season - ENYTB Adopts Team Player Caps To Regulate The Extent To Which Teams Can Take Players From Their Fellow Members
- OVERVIEW OF ENYTB CAP SYSTEM FOR REGULATING INTRA-LEAGUE PLAYER MOVEMENT
- ENYTB Player Classification
- TEAM CAPS (RFA CREDITS)
- RFA EXEMPTIONS
- Limited Members - Restricted Applicability Of RFA Credits
- Intra-Club Transfer Rules
FINDING UFAs Via enytb.com
- Unrestricted Free Agent Board - Actively Seeking A Team
- Search For Former ENYTB Players By Age, Residence and Position Played
- How To Get UFA Contact Info
Customized Scheduling - 101
- CUSTOMIZED SCHEDULING
- Why Does ENYTB Separate Team Availability (TA) From Home Field Availability (HFA)?
- Scheduling Inputs - General Description
- TEAM AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- HOME FIELD AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- Scheduling Inputs: Strength-Of-Schedule (SoS) Preferences
- How To Confirm (E-VERIFY) The ACCURACY Of Your Team Availability Calendar
- How To CONFIRM/E-VERIFY Field Availability
- When does the ENYTB spring/summer season start? end?
- What is the minimum number of league games required to be eligible for sanctioned and/or members only tournament play?
- How many games can the league guarantee a team?
- When can teams expect to get their schedule?
- Where can I find my team schedule?
- How do I use Self-Scheduler? [VIDEO]
How To Transact a SCHEDULE CHANGE
- ENYTB's Reschedule Functions - What Are They and What Do They Allow Me To Do?
- Change Innings/Number of Games As Well As Time Curfews and Mercy Rules in 9 INN Games
- Change Of Schedule Transaction - General Framework
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Administrative Cancellation (AC)
- UNPLAYED LOCAL GAMES --> What you must do TO AVOID FORFEIT FINES.
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Non-Weather Postponement (NWP)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - No Harm/No Foul/Cancellation (NH/NF/C)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Cancellation Due To Forfeit - Rules & Fines
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - PASSED GAMES - RULES & FINES
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - HOME TEAM ONLY
- My Opponent Canceled Late (Inside Of 3 Days) or Did Not Show Up To Play Me As Scheduled - How do I collect reimbursement for my unavoidable game costs?
PROTOCOLS FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES
- Basic 5-STEP Protocol For All Discretionary Schedule Changes
- Read Me First!
- Am I Required By League Rule To Keep My Online Schedule Updated Throughout The Season?
- Why Is There No Print Function For My Schedule?
- Grace Period For Reschedules
- Quickie Overview Of What To Do Depending On The Situation
- More Specifics On The General Process Of Changing The Status Of A Game
- Can I Add Games To My Online Schedule?
- PASSED Games - What are they?
- Are Home Teams Allowed To Change The Starting Time By Two Hours Or Less w/o Permission From Their Opponent?
- Weather-Related Postponements - Incl Threat Of Bad Weather As Opposed To Actual Bad Weather
- Weather Postponements, Make-Up Games and IMPASSEs
- Discretionary Postponements i.e., games postponed not because of bad weather but because one team is unable to play as scheduled.
- No Harm/No Foul Cancellations and Forfeits
- One game of a doubleheader was completed but not the other, how do I record this on my schedule?
Schedule Management Protocols
- Schedule Management 101 - Rules For Schedule Changes & Updates
- Summary Of Penalties/Fines For Non-Playing Forfeits and Passed Games
- Quick Guide re: Weather Postponements (Subject To League Verification)
- Quick Guide re: Rescheduling Weather Posponed Games (Agreement Required)
- Quick Guide re: Declaring An Impasse (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change - Must Include Make-Up)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Non-Weather Postponement Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting a No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A No Harm/No Foul Cancelation Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Changing Fields (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: PASSED Games
- Quick Guide re: Suspend Game
- Quick Guide re: Continue Suspended Game
- Quick Guide re: Change Start Time
- Quick Guide re: Change Innings/Number of Games
- Quick Guide re: I Am Forfeiting
- Quick Guide re: My Opponent Has Forfeited
- What are STANDINGS used for?
- New STANDINGS Methodology - Adopted Beginning 2009 Season & Refined For 2010
- What is SoS and How Is It Calculated?
- How are STANDINGS computed?
- If I Use "ADD GAME" To Add A Game To My Online Schedule Does It Count In The STANDINGS?
- How are ties factored into a team's win/loss percentage?
- Which games count in the STANDINGS i.e., for tournament qualification?
- Is there a limit to how many games count between the same two teams?
- enytb.co Automatically tracks TQG When Non-Flex STANDINGS Used
- ENYTB STANDINGS Tie-Breaker Rules
- How Do Berths Get Awarded?
After You Have Won A Berth To A Sanctioned NCTS
- Required Credentials For PONY Tournament Play
- Required Credentials for AABC Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For NABF Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For ECTB Tournament Play
- Tournament & Lodging Information
- Tournament Patches
- Do Coaches Need To Be In Full Uniform For Sanctioned Tournament Play?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence of DOB For My Players?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence Of Team Insurance?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence My Players Played In A Certain Number Of Games?
- Do I Need To Have My Tournament Roster Certified By An Official ENYTB Representative?
- PONY Teams Only - Record Of Innings Pitched & Medical Release
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Read This Before Drafting Any Player
- NYTB Policy re: Drafting Players From Other ENYTB Teams For Sanctioned Tournaments
- Drafting Rules For Each Sanctioning Body
- When/How Does ENYTB Conduct The Draft?
- Sanctioned Tournament Playing Rules
- Why does the league require that all league participants be identified in the system?
- How do I enter my contact info?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- How do I find my opponent's contact info?
- Why can't I obtain contact info for my opponents from my schedule?
- How do I obtain field directions for my AWAY games?
How Do I Change My Email Preferences
How Do I Enter My Scores
- Who Enters The Score - Home or Away Team, Winning or Losing Team?
- How To Enter A Score For Any Game Officially Completed As Scheduled
- How To Enter A Score When Game Is Suspended
- How Do I "Split" A Doubleheader Into Two Single Games?
- How to change a wrong score?
Lineup Cards - Mandatory (available Online)
- Are lineup cards required for every ENYTB game?
- What information must be included on a lineup card?
- Does enytb.com automatically create lineup cards?
- How to find the age of your opponent's players.
- Each TEAM must fill out its team availability; and,
- Each CLUB must enter at least one field availability schedule for each of its active home fields and link each of its teams to at least one of those field availability schedules.
- Clubs – Are linked to 1 or more home fields (during member activation or later);
- FA allows teams to create field schedules for each of their home fields;
- Home fields – Can be linked to 1 or more field schedules (usually one but if field time needs to be partitioned among various team groupings, a separate field schedule can be created for each team grouping; and,
- Field Schedules – Must be linked to one or more teams.
- Default FTP = 9:30/12pm/3/5:30pm on weekends and 6pm on M-F. If field is lighted, 8pm on weekends and 8:15pm on weekdays;
- FTP can be customized to member’s preference (except FTP for sat/sun must be set the same and FTP for M-F must be set the same); and,
- If two or more clubs share the same home field, the FTP will be set according to the preferences of the members who uses the field the most.
- Must have at least one yes on it – click on “no” to make it a “yes”. Yes means you have open field time at that date//time for scheduling in this league;
- Must be E-verified – this tells the league that you have reviewed your field schedules for accuracy and that they are ready to be used for scheduling your home games; and,
- Must be linked to at least one team. Link can be primary or secondary. The same team can be linked to multiple field schedules, when appropriate.
- If the club needs to have multiple field schedules for the same home field (that is OK but is not usually the case), make sure each field schedule has a unique name. For example, a club may have 2 teams sharing a single home field. It may wish to have three field schedules. One that is exclusive to team A, one that is exclusive to team B and one that allows both teams to share a common set of playing time. In this method. unused field time on an exclusive field schedule is not available to other of your teams (anti-conflict logic). However, FA also allows users to link a teams as primary or. secondary. So one could make one team primary and one team secondary on the exclusive field schedule. This would allow the secondary team to have access to unused field time at the end of the scheduling process.
- FA also allows clubs to limit the number of home games any of its teams can have on a given home field.
- FA also allows clubs to link teams from other clubs to its field schedules. This is useful when a club gives or rents out a portion of its field time to another member. This can be done on a primary or secondary basis and a limit can be placed on the max number of home games each of these other teams is allowed.
- Anti-conflict logic – The same field time can not be claimed on the same home field on more than one field schedule. For example, you and I are different clubs sharing the same home field. You set up your field schedules first and claim all the time slots on our common home field for Saturdays. When I create my field schedule for that home field, the system will not allow me to claim any field time on Saturdays.
Instructions To Club GMs
For Creating Field Availability Schedules For Your Teams
An instructional video illustrating how to use all aspects of the FA Interface is forthcoming. Until then, this FAQ shall serve as a comprehensive tutorial on the entering of one's field availability scheduling inputs via → MY CLUB → Home Fields → Field Availability.
To be scheduled using Self-Scheduler:
DEFINITION: Field Availability Schedule - a calendar showing open field time on a give home field reserved for the exclusive use of one or more teams for the purpose of scheduling home games within ENYTB.
Only persons with club level access (usually club owners and club GMS) are allowed to construct field schedules i.e., to enter open field time to the website for a particular home field and to link teams to that field time.
Before a club can create a field availability schedule it needs League Admin to link its home fields to its club (usually done during activation but can be done at anytime) and to assign to each of its home fields, a field a time profile (FTP) for the full season. FTP defines how a particular home field will be sliced into game slots (starting times) on a daily basis.
So once your home fields are linked to your club and each home field has a super-imposed FTP for the current season that is agreeable to your club GM, he may begin constructing field availability schedules for his home fields and teams.
NOTE: A single home field can have one or more non-overlapping field schedules.
HOW TO CREATE/EDIT A FIELD AVAILABILITY SCHEDULE - 6 STEPS:
1 - Select a home field from the "My Home Fields" droplist;
2 - Select an existing field schedule from the next droplist and click VIEW. The full field availability calendar will appear below. You can enter and/or edit your inputs as necessary.
NOTE: If your home field has no field schedules yet, click VIEW to bring up an ADD button that allows you to add a new field schedule for this home field.
3 - When adding a new field schedule, it must be initialized.
DEFINITION: Initialization - During Initialization, you are given various options for setting the initial YES/NO pattern for open field time on a new field availability schedule. In teh next step, this pattern will be edited by the club to form the ACTUAL field schedule. Thus, initialization is merely a time saving measure i.e., pick the combination of initialization options that will yield a starting schedule requiring the fewest necessary edits to transform into the ACTUAL field schedule.
4 - Editing (to make ACTUAL FIELD SCHEDULE) - For each time slot that needs to be changed from NOT AVAILABLE to AVAILABLE, click NO to switch to YES and for each time slot that needs to be changed from from AVAILABLE to NOT AVAILABLE, click YES to switch to NO.
NOTE: If your field schedule is missing yes/no switches for certain dates and times, and instead says USED. This means either of two things. Either you have already created a field schedule that has used this time slot or another ENYTB club is using the same home field and has already claimed that time on its field schedule.
5 - Link all team(s) to this field schedule that you wish to be scheduled from this field schedule. If you wish to limit a team's access to a fixed max # of home games on this home field or to secondary access only, you may do that as well.
6 - Review all your inputs for a field availability schedule and verify they are correct by clicking its E-VERIFY button.
You are done.
The information below is somewhat repetitive but is presented on a bit more detailed basis.
BASIC FA PARADIGM:
NOTE: Each home field has its own “Field Time Profile” or FTP. Only admins can reset a FTP. When an FTP is reset, all field time data previously entered for that home field is lost so clubs should make sure they are comfortable with their current FTP settings when they initialize their first field schedule for a given home field. If not, they need to contact the league through the HelpDesk and specify the FTP times they prefer.
A common mistake with field schedules that early users are committing is that they (clubs) are creating the same named field schedule multiple times.
OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES OF FA: