Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Website Ads For Players/Public Troyout Announcemen
- Players can view ads of ENYTB travel teams
- Non-ENYTB players can view PLAYER WANTED ads posted by ENYTB travel teams and/or make their availability known to ENYTB teams.
The Premier Travel League In Eastern Upstate NY
- ENYTB = Travel Baseball The Way You Want It: FLEXIBLE + COMPETITIVELY BALANCED + ECONOMICAL + ABUNDANT TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- How Do League Participants Retrieve Their Own Password?
- How Do League Participants Change Their Password?
- I'm a manager/coach, why does the website say I have player level read only access?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- Club GMs - How to find passwords for your managers, coaches and contact persons?
- Club GMs - How to verify whether a person in your organization has a working log-in.
- Why is the website blocking my access to contact info for my oponents via my online schedule?
- Club GMs - How to add/change team level persons so that they have passwords?
- How Do Club Reps and/or Team Managers Add Their Coaches And Team Contact Persons To Their Team Directory?
- Club GMs - How to authorize other persons to have club level access?
REGISTRATION IS AS SIMPLE AS 1-2-3!
What's New This Year (in the League)?
- What is the Name of the League and What Services Does it Provide?
- How do I start a team in the league and what are the basics I need to know?
- Do I need to have a home field? What if I don't have one?
- Does the league schedule umpires? Who pays for the umpires, the league?
- Who Is Responsible For Supplying Baseballs For Games? Is It The League?
Approximate Cost Of Fielding A Travel Team
- How much does it generally cost to field a travel team?
- What are the costs for ENYTB membership alone?
- Can Teams Purchase Insurance Through ENYTB?
Annual Timeline - ENYTB Participation
Annual Informational Meetings
- What Is The League Policy Towards Attendance At Informational Meetings And Contacting The League Office For Assistance?
- What kind of meetings are these?
- How are the meetings organized?
- Are The Winter Meetings Open To Non-members?
- When Are The Winter Informational Meetings Held?
- How will we know exactly where and when these meetings will be held.
New Member Orientation
- Getting Started
- Reasons For ENYTB Membership
- Organizational Structure
- ENYTB Historical Timeline
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Program!
- Overview Of enytb.com
The Club GM
Team Registration Part I - Team Activation
- What is it?
- What is the difference between a club and a team?
- Who activates a club and its teams?
- When does club/team activation begin/end?
- Is there a connection between club/team activation and player protection?
- ***What Do I Need To Do To Activate My Club/Teams?
Team Registration Part II - Your Purchase
- Summary: Step-By-Step Team Registration Instructions
- How much do I owe?
- Column 1 - Where and what is my online team registration form?
- MANDATORY - Team Registration Form
- Make Checks Payable To ENYTB and Send Here.....
- Payment In Full Is Due NO LATER Than The Close Of Registration
Team Registration - Part III - Other
- What documents (hardcopy or electronic) must I provide the league before my team is eligible to play?
- Who do I send my paperwork to?
- Column 2 - Evidence Of Team Insurance
- Columns 3 & 4 - Providing/Verifying Scheduling Inputs
- Evidence Of Player's DOB
- Columns 8 & 9 - All League Participants Must Be Fully Identified On The Website, Including Managers, Coaches, Team Contact Persons and Players
- Column 10 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster before being allowed to participate in a league game.
- Column 11 - Over-Aged Players On ENYTB Regular Season Roster
- Column 9 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster BEFORE they appear in a game.
Loopholes On Age Eligibility
- Pitching Restrictions On Over-Aged Players
- Age Loopholes Allowed By The Various Sanctioning Bodies
- Sanctioned ENYTB Teams - Also Can Take Advantage of ENYTB's Age Eligibility Loophole For Regular Season Play But That Will Limit Them To Sanctioned Tournament Berth Awards From The June Madness Tournament Alone
Fines & Security Deposits
Paid Advertising - enytb.com
- Available To Businesses/Non-Profits - Full Page Ads On ENYTB Home Page (Pop-Up/Collapsible)
- Tournaments - Members/Non-members - Advertising Package W or W/o Full Tournament Management/Display Service
- Targeted Email Blasts To The Baseball Community Over A Wide Area
Free Ads on enytb.com (Members Only)
- Banner Ads
- Team Ads For Players and/or Public Tryouts
- Member Clubs - Post Your Own Tournament Ads For Free
- How Do I Get My Logo To Appear On My Ads, Game Reports and Lineup Cards etc.
- Game Board Ads - For Teams Seeking Pick-Up Games
Placing/Finding Team Ads For Pick-Up Games
- What To Do If Your Opponent Can't Play But You Still Want To Play Or If You Just Want More Games
- Once the schedule is set, how do I use the website to find opponents for additional games, including on dates my opponent canceled and make-up dates?
League Playing Rules
Composite Metal Bat Restrictions
Sanctioned Post-Season Play - What is it?
- Sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series (NCTS)
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Tournament Registartion Options
- Sanctioned Tournament Availability Via ENYTB
- What are the benefits of being in a League that affiliates with multiple sanctioning bodies?
- What is the ala carte cost of registering for sanctioned tournament eligibility?
- How does a team qualify for a playoff berth in a particular sanctioning e.g., AABC, NABF, ECTB or PONY?
- Can Teams Win Berths To More Than One Sanctioned NCTS?
- When a team qualifies for NCTS berths under two or more sanctionings - how is the selection order determined?
- What Is The distribution Of Team Registrations By Sanctioning Type?
- What Sanctioned NCTS Is Best?
Last Man Standing Tournaments - What Are They?
Online Roster Management System (ORMS)
- What is ORMS?
- Everything you need to know about ENYTB's ONLINE ROSTER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- Do you have a more detailed explanation of ORMS?
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ENYTB Regular Season Play
- Player Eligibility Criteria - NABF
- Player Eligibility Criteria - AABC
- Player Eligibility Criteria - PONY
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ECTB
Roster Management Protocols
- How To Determine a Player's Official Baseball Age
- Is there a deadline for adding new players to my ENYTB roster for the regular season?
- Can a player be on the ENYTB roster of more than one ENYTB team at the same time?
- Can players be transferred from one team to another in the same club?
- Do I need to establish separate REGULAR SEASON ROSTERS for each sanctioning body?
- Do I need to establish separate TOURNAMENT ROSTERS for each sanctioning body my team is registered with?
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Columns 12 thru 15 - How To Set-Up Your Sanctioned Rosters
How ENYTB Regulates Player Movement Between Teams
- Why Voluntary Release Systems Are Doomed To Fail
- Effective 2013 Season - ENYTB Adopts Team Player Caps To Regulate The Extent To Which Teams Can Take Players From Their Fellow Members
- OVERVIEW OF ENYTB CAP SYSTEM FOR REGULATING INTRA-LEAGUE PLAYER MOVEMENT
- ENYTB Player Classification
- TEAM CAPS (RFA CREDITS)
- RFA EXEMPTIONS
- Limited Members - Restricted Applicability Of RFA Credits
- Intra-Club Transfer Rules
FINDING UFAs Via enytb.com
- Unrestricted Free Agent Board - Actively Seeking A Team
- Search For Former ENYTB Players By Age, Residence and Position Played
- How To Get UFA Contact Info
Customized Scheduling - 101
- CUSTOMIZED SCHEDULING
- Why Does ENYTB Separate Team Availability (TA) From Home Field Availability (HFA)?
- Scheduling Inputs - General Description
- TEAM AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- HOME FIELD AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- Scheduling Inputs: Strength-Of-Schedule (SoS) Preferences
- How To Confirm (E-VERIFY) The ACCURACY Of Your Team Availability Calendar
- How To CONFIRM/E-VERIFY Field Availability
- When does the ENYTB spring/summer season start? end?
- What is the minimum number of league games required to be eligible for sanctioned and/or members only tournament play?
- How many games can the league guarantee a team?
- When can teams expect to get their schedule?
- Where can I find my team schedule?
- How do I use Self-Scheduler? [VIDEO]
How To Transact a SCHEDULE CHANGE
- ENYTB's Reschedule Functions - What Are They and What Do They Allow Me To Do?
- Change Innings/Number of Games As Well As Time Curfews and Mercy Rules in 9 INN Games
- Change Of Schedule Transaction - General Framework
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Administrative Cancellation (AC)
- UNPLAYED LOCAL GAMES --> What you must do TO AVOID FORFEIT FINES.
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Non-Weather Postponement (NWP)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - No Harm/No Foul/Cancellation (NH/NF/C)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Cancellation Due To Forfeit - Rules & Fines
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - PASSED GAMES - RULES & FINES
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - HOME TEAM ONLY
- My Opponent Canceled Late (Inside Of 3 Days) or Did Not Show Up To Play Me As Scheduled - How do I collect reimbursement for my unavoidable game costs?
PROTOCOLS FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES
- Basic 5-STEP Protocol For All Discretionary Schedule Changes
- Read Me First!
- Am I Required By League Rule To Keep My Online Schedule Updated Throughout The Season?
- Why Is There No Print Function For My Schedule?
- Grace Period For Reschedules
- Quickie Overview Of What To Do Depending On The Situation
- More Specifics On The General Process Of Changing The Status Of A Game
- Can I Add Games To My Online Schedule?
- PASSED Games - What are they?
- Are Home Teams Allowed To Change The Starting Time By Two Hours Or Less w/o Permission From Their Opponent?
- Weather-Related Postponements - Incl Threat Of Bad Weather As Opposed To Actual Bad Weather
- Weather Postponements, Make-Up Games and IMPASSEs
- Discretionary Postponements i.e., games postponed not because of bad weather but because one team is unable to play as scheduled.
- No Harm/No Foul Cancellations and Forfeits
- One game of a doubleheader was completed but not the other, how do I record this on my schedule?
Schedule Management Protocols
- Schedule Management 101 - Rules For Schedule Changes & Updates
- Summary Of Penalties/Fines For Non-Playing Forfeits and Passed Games
- Quick Guide re: Weather Postponements (Subject To League Verification)
- Quick Guide re: Rescheduling Weather Posponed Games (Agreement Required)
- Quick Guide re: Declaring An Impasse (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change - Must Include Make-Up)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Non-Weather Postponement Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting a No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A No Harm/No Foul Cancelation Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Changing Fields (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: PASSED Games
- Quick Guide re: Suspend Game
- Quick Guide re: Continue Suspended Game
- Quick Guide re: Change Start Time
- Quick Guide re: Change Innings/Number of Games
- Quick Guide re: I Am Forfeiting
- Quick Guide re: My Opponent Has Forfeited
- What are STANDINGS used for?
- Summary Of Rules For What games Count Where:
- 13 v 13, count in 13u standings only;
- 13 v 13DR count in 13u standings only;
- 13 v 14 do not count anywhere, except overall record (display purposes only);
- 13DR v 13DR count in both 13U and 14U STANDINGS;
- 13DR v 14 or 14DR counts in 14U STANDINGS only.
- What is SoS and How Is It Calculated?
- How are STANDINGS computed?
- If I Use "ADD GAME" To Add A Game To My Online Schedule Does It Count In The STANDINGS?
- How are ties factored into a team's win/loss percentage?
- Which games count in the STANDINGS i.e., for tournament qualification?
- Is there a limit to how many games count between the same two teams?
- enytb.co Automatically tracks TQG When Non-Flex STANDINGS Used
- ENYTB STANDINGS Tie-Breaker Rules
- How Do Berths Get Awarded?
A Each "competitive" sanctioned tournament has its own STANDINGS e.g., AABC10, AABC11, AABC12, PONY10, PONY11, PONY12.
For example, based on the league's registrations with AABC, it is awarded two berths to the AABC11 State Tournament. The league has a separate STANDINGS for AABC11 and that STANDINGS is used to award those two tournament berths based on "Adjusted Win%", where a team's raw win percentage is adjusted for its strength of schedule (SoS).
Q Are all teams are included in each STANDINGS?
A No. Only those teams registered for a particular competitive sanctioned tournament are included in the standings for that tournament.
For example, Team registered for the PONY11 and the AABC11 national championship tournament series. They will be included in both STANDINGS.
Q Do all games count in each STANDINGS?
A No. A game between a 10u team and a 11u team will NEVER count in a 10u STANDINGS. But, if the 10u team is DR, it will count in all 11U STANDINGS that include one or both opponents.
Each competitive sanctioned tournament is geared towards a specific maximum age. We call that the tournament's primary age. Any game between any two teams where both are of that primary age and at least one is an "included" team, counts in that STANDINGS.
For example, Team A is 10U and registered for the PONY10 tournament. Every game it plays with every 10U opponent (opponent must be an ENYTB registered team) counts in this STANDINGS, regardless of whether that opponent is registered for PONY10 or not.
Furthermore, as mentioned above, every game between a younger aged team double registered (DR) into the primary age and a team equal to the primary age, counts as well.
For example, Team B is 9U and double registered. Every game it plays vs a 10U team or another 9U DR team, will count in each 10U STANDINGS, provided one or both teams are included in that STANDINGS.
When two teams of the same age play each other, and both teams are DR, that game will count in all STANDINGS at both age levels i.e., the team's actual age level as well as its DR age level, provided at least one of the teams is included in a STANDINGS at each age level.
For example, two 11U teams are DR and both are registered for PONY11 and AABC11. Each time they play each other, regardless of the number of times, will count in the PONY11 STANDINGS and the AABC11 STANDINGS. However, because neither team is registered for a competitive sanctioned tournament at 12U, that game will not count in any 12U STANDINGS.
A Because some teams are much stronger than others, even in the same age division, and because teams play very different schedules in terms of who they play and how many times, it would not be fair to give equal weight to all wins and losses.
For example, a loss to a GOLD team with a .750 win percentage should not count the same as a loss to a LoSilver team with a .250 winning percentage. Similarly, a win over a Gold14 team with a .750 win percentage over other Gold14 teams should count more than a win over a Gold13 team with a 750 win percentage against other Gold13 teams.
Q How is the SoS computed?
A Each age and competition level is assigned a weight. The weights for all of your opponents are added together and averaged. Those averages are "normalized" to 1 i.e., divided by the highest average. Thus, the team with the most difficult schedule will have a SoS=1. Everyone else will be below 1 and greater than zero.
Q How is the adjusted win percentage computed?
A By multiplying the team's raw win percentage by its SoS.
Q Are berths ever earmarked to individual competition levels within the overall STANDINGS?
A Yes, in some cases, where there are sufficient registrations in the lower competition levels, and sufficient overall number of berths available, teh league will earmark berths to specific competition levels.
Q How do earmarks work?
A If a berth is earmarked to a particular competition level, the top ranking team from that competition level is guaranteed a berth regardless of its overall standing vis a vis teams from other competition levels.
Q How can you tell when berths have been earmarked?
A It will be shown in the headings to the STANDINGS.
For example, it will say Gold=1, HiSilver=1, LoSilver=1 and Wildcard =5. The earmarked berths would be awarded first per the method just described. The "WILDCARD" berths would be awarded based on overall ranking in the STANDINGS, regardless of the team's competition level.
After You Have Won A Berth To A Sanctioned NCTS
- Required Credentials For PONY Tournament Play
- Required Credentials for AABC Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For NABF Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For ECTB Tournament Play
- Tournament & Lodging Information
- Tournament Patches
- Do Coaches Need To Be In Full Uniform For Sanctioned Tournament Play?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence of DOB For My Players?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence Of Team Insurance?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence My Players Played In A Certain Number Of Games?
- Do I Need To Have My Tournament Roster Certified By An Official ENYTB Representative?
- PONY Teams Only - Record Of Innings Pitched & Medical Release
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Read This Before Drafting Any Player
- NYTB Policy re: Drafting Players From Other ENYTB Teams For Sanctioned Tournaments
- Drafting Rules For Each Sanctioning Body
- When/How Does ENYTB Conduct The Draft?
- Sanctioned Tournament Playing Rules
- Why does the league require that all league participants be identified in the system?
- How do I enter my contact info?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- How do I find my opponent's contact info?
- Why can't I obtain contact info for my opponents from my schedule?
- How do I obtain field directions for my AWAY games?
How Do I Change My Email Preferences
How Do I Enter My Scores
- Who Enters The Score - Home or Away Team, Winning or Losing Team?
- How To Enter A Score For Any Game Officially Completed As Scheduled
- How To Enter A Score When Game Is Suspended
- How Do I "Split" A Doubleheader Into Two Single Games?
- How to change a wrong score?
Lineup Cards - Mandatory (available Online)
- Are lineup cards required for every ENYTB game?
- What information must be included on a lineup card?
- Does enytb.com automatically create lineup cards?
- How to find the age of your opponent's players.