Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Website Ads For Players/Public Troyout Announcemen
- Players can view ads of ENYTB travel teams
- Non-ENYTB players can view PLAYER WANTED ads posted by ENYTB travel teams and/or make their availability known to ENYTB teams.
The Premier Travel League In Eastern Upstate NY
- ENYTB = Travel Baseball The Way You Want It: FLEXIBLE + COMPETITIVELY BALANCED + ECONOMICAL + ABUNDANT TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- How Do League Participants Retrieve Their Own Password?
- How Do League Participants Change Their Password?
- I'm a manager/coach, why does the website say I have player level read only access?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- Club GMs - How to find passwords for your managers, coaches and contact persons?
- Club GMs - How to verify whether a person in your organization has a working log-in.
- Why is the website blocking my access to contact info for my oponents via my online schedule?
- Club GMs - How to add/change team level persons so that they have passwords?
- How Do Club Reps and/or Team Managers Add Their Coaches And Team Contact Persons To Their Team Directory?
- Club GMs - How to authorize other persons to have club level access?
REGISTRATION IS AS SIMPLE AS 1-2-3!
What's New This Year (in the League)?
- What is the Name of the League and What Services Does it Provide?
- How do I start a team in the league and what are the basics I need to know?
- Do I need to have a home field? What if I don't have one?
- Does the league schedule umpires? Who pays for the umpires, the league?
- Who Is Responsible For Supplying Baseballs For Games? Is It The League?
Approximate Cost Of Fielding A Travel Team
- How much does it generally cost to field a travel team?
- What are the costs for ENYTB membership alone?
- Can Teams Purchase Insurance Through ENYTB?
Annual Timeline - ENYTB Participation
Annual Informational Meetings
- What Is The League Policy Towards Attendance At Informational Meetings And Contacting The League Office For Assistance?
- What kind of meetings are these?
- How are the meetings organized?
- Are The Winter Meetings Open To Non-members?
- When Are The Winter Informational Meetings Held?
- How will we know exactly where and when these meetings will be held.
New Member Orientation
- Getting Started
- Reasons For ENYTB Membership
- Organizational Structure
- ENYTB Historical Timeline
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Program!
- Overview Of enytb.com
The Club GM
Team Registration Part I - Team Activation
- What is it?
- What is the difference between a club and a team?
- Who activates a club and its teams?
- When does club/team activation begin/end?
- Is there a connection between club/team activation and player protection?
- ***What Do I Need To Do To Activate My Club/Teams?
Team Registration Part II - Your Purchase
- Summary: Step-By-Step Team Registration Instructions
- How much do I owe?
- Column 1 - Where and what is my online team registration form?
- MANDATORY - Team Registration Form
- Make Checks Payable To ENYTB and Send Here.....
- Payment In Full Is Due NO LATER Than The Close Of Registration
Team Registration - Part III - Other
- What documents (hardcopy or electronic) must I provide the league before my team is eligible to play?
- Who do I send my paperwork to?
- Column 2 - Evidence Of Team Insurance
- Columns 3 & 4 - Providing/Verifying Scheduling Inputs
- Evidence Of Player's DOB
- Columns 8 & 9 - All League Participants Must Be Fully Identified On The Website, Including Managers, Coaches, Team Contact Persons and Players
- Column 10 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster before being allowed to participate in a league game.
- Column 11 - Over-Aged Players On ENYTB Regular Season Roster
- Column 9 - All league players must be entered to their team's online roster BEFORE they appear in a game.
Loopholes On Age Eligibility
- Pitching Restrictions On Over-Aged Players
- Age Loopholes Allowed By The Various Sanctioning Bodies
- Sanctioned ENYTB Teams - Also Can Take Advantage of ENYTB's Age Eligibility Loophole For Regular Season Play But That Will Limit Them To Sanctioned Tournament Berth Awards From The June Madness Tournament Alone
Fines & Security Deposits
Paid Advertising - enytb.com
- Available To Businesses/Non-Profits - Full Page Ads On ENYTB Home Page (Pop-Up/Collapsible)
- Tournaments - Members/Non-members - Advertising Package W or W/o Full Tournament Management/Display Service
- Targeted Email Blasts To The Baseball Community Over A Wide Area
Free Ads on enytb.com (Members Only)
- Banner Ads
- Team Ads For Players and/or Public Tryouts
- Member Clubs - Post Your Own Tournament Ads For Free
- How Do I Get My Logo To Appear On My Ads, Game Reports and Lineup Cards etc.
- Game Board Ads - For Teams Seeking Pick-Up Games
Placing/Finding Team Ads For Pick-Up Games
- What To Do If Your Opponent Can't Play But You Still Want To Play Or If You Just Want More Games
- Once the schedule is set, how do I use the website to find opponents for additional games, including on dates my opponent canceled and make-up dates?
League Playing Rules
Composite Metal Bat Restrictions
Sanctioned Post-Season Play - What is it?
- Sanctioned National Championship Tournament Series (NCTS)
- A Quick Summary/Overview Of ENYTB Tournament Registartion Options
- Sanctioned Tournament Availability Via ENYTB
- What are the benefits of being in a League that affiliates with multiple sanctioning bodies?
- What is the ala carte cost of registering for sanctioned tournament eligibility?
- How does a team qualify for a playoff berth in a particular sanctioning e.g., AABC, NABF, ECTB or PONY?
- Can Teams Win Berths To More Than One Sanctioned NCTS?
- When a team qualifies for NCTS berths under two or more sanctionings - how is the selection order determined?
- What Is The distribution Of Team Registrations By Sanctioning Type?
- What Sanctioned NCTS Is Best?
Last Man Standing Tournaments - What Are They?
Online Roster Management System (ORMS)
- What is ORMS?
- Everything you need to know about ENYTB's ONLINE ROSTER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- Do you have a more detailed explanation of ORMS?
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ENYTB Regular Season Play
- Player Eligibility Criteria - NABF
- Player Eligibility Criteria - AABC
- Player Eligibility Criteria - PONY
- Player Eligibility Criteria - ECTB
Roster Management Protocols
- How To Determine a Player's Official Baseball Age
- Is there a deadline for adding new players to my ENYTB roster for the regular season?
- Can a player be on the ENYTB roster of more than one ENYTB team at the same time?
- Can players be transferred from one team to another in the same club?
- Do I need to establish separate REGULAR SEASON ROSTERS for each sanctioning body?
- Do I need to establish separate TOURNAMENT ROSTERS for each sanctioning body my team is registered with?
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Columns 12 thru 15 - How To Set-Up Your Sanctioned Rosters
How ENYTB Regulates Player Movement Between Teams
- Why Voluntary Release Systems Are Doomed To Fail
- Effective 2013 Season - ENYTB Adopts Team Player Caps To Regulate The Extent To Which Teams Can Take Players From Their Fellow Members
- OVERVIEW OF ENYTB CAP SYSTEM FOR REGULATING INTRA-LEAGUE PLAYER MOVEMENT
- ENYTB Player Classification
- TEAM CAPS (RFA CREDITS)
- RFA EXEMPTIONS
- Limited Members - Restricted Applicability Of RFA Credits
- Intra-Club Transfer Rules
FINDING UFAs Via enytb.com
- Unrestricted Free Agent Board - Actively Seeking A Team
- Search For Former ENYTB Players By Age, Residence and Position Played
- How To Get UFA Contact Info
Customized Scheduling - 101
- CUSTOMIZED SCHEDULING
- Why Does ENYTB Separate Team Availability (TA) From Home Field Availability (HFA)?
- Scheduling Inputs - General Description
- TEAM AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- HOME FIELD AVAILABILITY INPUTS
- Scheduling Inputs: Strength-Of-Schedule (SoS) Preferences
- How To Confirm (E-VERIFY) The ACCURACY Of Your Team Availability Calendar
- How To CONFIRM/E-VERIFY Field Availability
- When does the ENYTB spring/summer season start? end?
- What is the minimum number of league games required to be eligible for sanctioned and/or members only tournament play?
- How many games can the league guarantee a team?
- When can teams expect to get their schedule?
- Where can I find my team schedule?
- How do I use Self-Scheduler? [VIDEO]
How To Transact a SCHEDULE CHANGE
- ENYTB's Reschedule Functions - What Are They and What Do They Allow Me To Do?
- Change Innings/Number of Games As Well As Time Curfews and Mercy Rules in 9 INN Games
- Change Of Schedule Transaction - General Framework
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Administrative Cancellation (AC)
- UNPLAYED LOCAL GAMES --> What you must do TO AVOID FORFEIT FINES.
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Non-Weather Postponement (NWP)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - No Harm/No Foul/Cancellation (NH/NF/C)
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - Cancellation Due To Forfeit - Rules & Fines
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - PASSED GAMES - RULES & FINES
- Change-Of-Schedule Transaction - HOME TEAM ONLY
- My Opponent Canceled Late (Inside Of 3 Days) or Did Not Show Up To Play Me As Scheduled - How do I collect reimbursement for my unavoidable game costs?
PROTOCOLS FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES
- Basic 5-STEP Protocol For All Discretionary Schedule Changes
- Read Me First!
- Am I Required By League Rule To Keep My Online Schedule Updated Throughout The Season?
- Why Is There No Print Function For My Schedule?
- Quickie Overview Of What To Do Depending On The Situation
- More Specifics On The General Process Of Changing The Status Of A Game
- Can I Add Games To My Online Schedule?
- PASSED Games - What are they?
- Are Home Teams Allowed To Change The Starting Time By Two Hours Or Less w/o Permission From Their Opponent?
- Weather-Related Postponements - Incl Threat Of Bad Weather As Opposed To Actual Bad Weather
- Weather Postponements, Make-Up Games and IMPASSEs
- Discretionary Postponements i.e., games postponed not because of bad weather but because one team is unable to play as scheduled.
- No Harm/No Foul Cancellations and Forfeits
- One game of a doubleheader was completed but not the other, how do I record this on my schedule?
GRACE PERIOD FOR RESCHEDULESOnce the League Director officially releases the League schedule, teams have a short period of time, until the beginning of the season, to negotiate necessary schedule changes with each opponent. Teams are expected to cooperate with each other as fully as possible but they are NOT obligated to agree to schedule changes that would violate their team's playing preferences as provided to the league prior to league-wide scheduling e.g., if a team requested the league not to schedule them to play more than 4 games per week and a another team's reschedule request would force the team to play a 5th game in the same week, it would be reasonable for them to deny that request. If two teams can't reach agreement on a reschedule request during this period, the game has to be played or forfeited. Teams can also agree to a no harm/no foul cancellation w/o penalty. All discretionary changes made during this Grace Period do not count against a team's limit of allowable discretionary changes for the season. The latter include the non-weather postponement of up to two games and the cancellation w/o penalty of up to two games. NOTE: Long distance travel games are NOT subject to discretionary changes. Once scheduled, they are play or forfeit only, unless bad weather forces their postponement.
There shall be no penalty for discretionary schedule changes made during the grace period nor shall they count against any of the regular season league limits on such changes i.e., the league presently limits each team to a maximum of two non-weather postponements and two no harm/no foul cancellations each year. Beyond that number, teams are forced to play or forfeit.
NOTE: Once the grace period ends, any request for a discretionary schedule change that is granted shall count against the applicable limit of the requesting team only.
Beginning 2011, the League has a 7 day advance notification standard for teams requesting a discretionary postponement i.e., non-weather related postponements. This affords the team that wants to play to have a fighting chance of finding games with another opponent or letting their team families have the day off with advance notice.
The website will not permit requests for non-weather postponements to be submitted less than 7 days before the scheduled game. Once the 7 day window has closed, the non-offending team shall be entitled to a forfeit win if its opponent is unable to play as scheduled.
The reason the league supports adherence to the 7 day rule is that schedule reliability is the foundation of any league. If teams know they can get a postponement at the last minute, then that will become the norm and a lot of teams and umpires will be left high and dry at the last minute. It is not fair to the umps who lose work and pay, or team families that moved their schedules around to be available or gave up going away for the weekend so their player would not miss any games.
Other than gross unsportsmanlike conduct, there is no worse league offense than a NO-SHOW i.e., a non-playing forfeit without notification. All such instances should be brought to the immediate attention of the League Director. At the very least, the offending team will be responsible for any and all unavoidable expenses, e.g., umpire fees and field rental fees, if any. In addition, a forfeit win would be granted the non-offending team and a league fine could be imposed on the offending team, depending on circumstances. A second violation would be sufficient cause for a more substantial fine and possible expulsion from the league. A third instance would almost certainly result in expulsion from the league.
NOTE: Teams are subject to fines for all forfeits and passed games. Habitual offenders are also subject to loss of postseason eligibility and possible expulsion from the league.
All schedule changes must be entered on the website. When a schedule change is recorded, an automatic email alert system will notify all affected parties of the schedule change, including players. The schedule also has a built-in self-auditing function that provides League Administrators with an audit trail of who did what when and for what supposed reason, for every schedule change on every game.
If an opponent makes a schedule change on the website without confirming with you beforehand, he is in violation of all that is good and holy. If intentional, this is sufficient cause for immediate expulsion from the league. If this happens to you, bring it to the offender's attention immediately. If that does not produce satisfactory results, bring it to the League Director's immediate attention. Schedule reliability and keeping the league's online schedule current and correct is how we keep chaos from reigning.
Schedule Management Protocols
- Schedule Management 101 - Rules For Schedule Changes & Updates
- Summary Of Penalties/Fines For Non-Playing Forfeits and Passed Games
- Quick Guide re: Weather Postponements (Subject To League Verification)
- Quick Guide re: Rescheduling Weather Posponed Games (Agreement Required)
- Quick Guide re: Declaring An Impasse (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change - Must Include Make-Up)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A Non-Weather Postponement (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Non-Weather Postponement Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Requesting a No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A Request For A No Harm/No Foul Cancellation (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Replying To A No Harm/No Foul Cancelation Request That Has Been Declined (Discretionary Change)
- Quick Guide re: Changing Fields (Approval Not Required)
- Quick Guide re: PASSED Games
- Quick Guide re: Suspend Game
- Quick Guide re: Continue Suspended Game
- Quick Guide re: Change Start Time
- Quick Guide re: Change Innings/Number of Games
- Quick Guide re: I Am Forfeiting
- Quick Guide re: My Opponent Has Forfeited
- What are STANDINGS used for?
- New STANDINGS Methodology - Adopted Beginning 2009 Season & Refined For 2010
- What is SoS and How Is It Calculated?
- How are STANDINGS computed?
- If I Use "ADD GAME" To Add A Game To My Online Schedule Does It Count In The STANDINGS?
- How are ties factored into a team's win/loss percentage?
- Which games count in the STANDINGS i.e., for tournament qualification?
- Is there a limit to how many games count between the same two teams?
- enytb.co Automatically tracks TQG When Non-Flex STANDINGS Used
- ENYTB STANDINGS Tie-Breaker Rules
- How Do Berths Get Awarded?
After You Have Won A Berth To A Sanctioned NCTS
- Required Credentials For PONY Tournament Play
- Required Credentials for AABC Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For NABF Tournament Play
- Required Credentials For ECTB Tournament Play
- Tournament & Lodging Information
- Tournament Patches
- Do Coaches Need To Be In Full Uniform For Sanctioned Tournament Play?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence of DOB For My Players?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence Of Team Insurance?
- Will I Need To Provide Evidence My Players Played In A Certain Number Of Games?
- Do I Need To Have My Tournament Roster Certified By An Official ENYTB Representative?
- PONY Teams Only - Record Of Innings Pitched & Medical Release
- Roster Deadlines and Player Limits Imposed By Sanctioning Bodies For Tournament Play
- Read This Before Drafting Any Player
- NYTB Policy re: Drafting Players From Other ENYTB Teams For Sanctioned Tournaments
- Drafting Rules For Each Sanctioning Body
- When/How Does ENYTB Conduct The Draft?
- Sanctioned Tournament Playing Rules
- Why does the league require that all league participants be identified in the system?
- How do I enter my contact info?
- I have a new email address. How do I changeover?
- How do I find my opponent's contact info?
- Why can't I obtain contact info for my opponents from my schedule?
- How do I obtain field directions for my AWAY games?
How Do I Change My Email Preferences
How Do I Enter My Scores
- Who Enters The Score - Home or Away Team, Winning or Losing Team?
- How To Enter A Score For Any Game Officially Completed As Scheduled
- How To Enter A Score When Game Is Suspended
- How Do I "Split" A Doubleheader Into Two Single Games?
- How to change a wrong score?
Lineup Cards - Mandatory (available Online)
- Are lineup cards required for every ENYTB game?
- What information must be included on a lineup card?
- Does enytb.com automatically create lineup cards?
- How to find the age of your opponent's players.